1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD:Fender Mark Hoppus

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by strke-fender, May 18, 2011.

1. strke-fender

strke-fender

Feb 26, 2009
    IMG_0749.

I got my new (to me) Fender Mark Hoppus signature bass (old model) a few days ago. What an awesome bass!

I've been and on again off again Blink 182 fan for years, but I didn't buy it for the name on the neck plate, but for the features. I found this gem among a heap of old Harmony, and broken down "Vantage" guitars in a consignment shop, picked it up dirt cheap. After one rehearsal with it, I learned I've been trying to coax a P-bass tone from my Jazz for years!! I've been converted!

Some mo pics

IMG_0751.
    IMG_0746.

We now have matching axes.

IMG_0755.

BEWARE: ONLINE RETAILERS NOW LUMP BOTH OLD AND NEW MARK HOPPUS BASSES INTO ONE MODEL WHEN ACTUALLY THE PICK UP POSITION HAS BEEN REVERSED! THEY ARE TWO DIFFERENT BASSES!!! TRANSPARENT GREEN AND WHITE MARK HOPPUS BASSES ARE NEW MODEL WHILE PINK, DAPHNE BLUE AND SURF GREEN FINISHES ARE OLD MODEL!!!

2. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    Sweet!! I really love my Hoppus!

3. TaylorO'

TaylorO' Banned

Dec 13, 2009
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Cant stand Mark Hoppus' sugar coated music, but i got the same bass used with a hardcase for 220 bucks. Ditched those quarter pound pups for the Fender 62s, added Hipshot tuners, a switchcraft jack, Badass Bridge, painted that pickguard black, and flipped the backing plate so its no longer Mr. Hoppus' bass.. I love it now.

4. UnfortunateTony

UnfortunateTony

Jul 26, 2010
    Seattle
    Can't stand the baby blue and pink colors, plus I'd much prefer a tone control. But hey, whatever floats your boat.

5. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    Meh. Tone controls are over rated IMO. It's all in the right hand.

Way to be supportive of a bass playing brother with a brand new toy! :rollno:

6. strke-fender

strke-fender

Feb 26, 2009
    Round of applause for phalex!

7. UnfortunateTony

UnfortunateTony

Jul 26, 2010
    Seattle
    No offense man, just giving my opinion.

8. Nice one. I was a blink fan back in their earlier days (dude ranch era - what can I say, I was a 14 year old kid back then). Shes a nice looking bass, and I've always had a soft spot for sonic blue and surf green.

Here's a tip with your photos - before you take a photo under the lights in your bedroom change the White balance setting in the camera to something that willngive you more realistic colours.

9. strke-fender

strke-fender

Feb 26, 2009
    I took em in 5 minutes using my iPhone. I knew you cats would know what you're looking at.

10. Tsfender

Tsfender

Apr 19, 2011
    I'm really impressed with my 2001 Hoppus Sig. Mines the Sea Green.

11. I like the hoppus bass, I have owned 2 . I also owned a 2001 tom delonge strat just like that but surf green , not a bad guitar but it was to limited for my taste's so i sold it and got a gibson LP which is what tom use to use.