1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NBD Fender Mexican P Bass Standard Blizzard Pearl

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by leegreenman, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Picked this up today. It's from either 2011 or 2012 based on serial number, but I don't see it listed on the Fender site.
    It was being sold as a 60th anniversary model. I've found Mexican models to be hit or miss, but this one feel and sounds wonderful.

image-4290225089.

BassmanM, DrumLessons and fretno like this.
  2. dbd1963

dbd1963

May 18, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    That is quite attractive. Congratulations!

3. Congrats! Nice bass. I've found that the newer MIM's have stepped up the quality and are more consistent. In fact my MIM RW P has taken #1 spot over all my MIA Jazzes. Great feel and the tone is killer. Always getting compliments on my tone from the Mexi bass.

Now put some flats on it and maybe a tort guard and you will have a TB home run!
    Lol just kidding. ( I use DR BB's on mine).

Cheers,Wyatt.

BassmanM likes this.
  4. I actually have a set of TIs buried somewhere. If I can find them I'll most likely throw em on.

5. ransombass

ransombass

Dec 16, 2008
    Tulsa, Ok
    Congratulations! That's one sweet ride.

6. Road Bull

Road Bull

Jul 24, 2011
    Seattle, WA.
    Sharp looking bass man! Congrats on finding something you like. :bassist:

7. Flaked Beans

Flaked Beans

Sep 9, 2005
    NYC
    That is a FSR white chrome pearl p bass:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PBassSTMWCP/
    [​IMG]

FSR WHP J:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fender-Standard-Jazz-Bass-White-Chrome-Pearl-Rosewood-/250858327028
    $(KGrHqR,!iIE3Qwy-95PBOJb50tpvw~~0_3.

Here is my '08 blizzard pearl american std jazz:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

By the way, they look pretty much the same to me.

8. Thanks for the info! l knew it wouldn't be long until someone would have some info me about this color. I played a bunch of MIM and American Standards. This was by far the nicest MIM and it held it's own with the American Standards as well. I've been missing having a P bass. This was exactly what I "needed".

9. LuvMusic

LuvMusic

Aug 18, 2007
    Oak Park, IL
    Great looking bass, congratulations! I have a similar MIM P bass and it is one of my favorites.

Mine is the same color and is a 2006 Fender factory 60th anniversary model (not to be confused with the P bass 60th anniversary). Put flats on it, as was suggested in an earlier post, and it just sings. Not sure about a tort guard....I found a black pearl guard looks awesome. Here's what it looks like with flats, a new guard and a bridge cover:

DSCF0743.

Enjoy your NBD!

10. R&B

R&B Both kinds of music: Rhythm AND Blues! Supporting Member

Uh oh...GAS pains! That new MIM P is a real beauty. The finish is really eye-catching. Glad it sounds as good as it looks.

+1 on the black pearl PG, that does look cool contrasting with the white chrome pearl body--hereafter to be known as WCP. ;)
    Enjoy!

SL

11. johnnyangel69

johnnyangel69

Dec 28, 2012
    Just picked one of these up recently. A 2011 MIM 60th Anniversary Blizzard Pearl P Bass Commemorating the Precision Bass (introduced in 1951).
    What are the full specs on this particular bass? A lot of the information when searching the 60th Anniversary is on the 2006 models (60 years of Fender company 1946-2006). Does this have the Amercian series pickup? Is wood Alder? Any other notes on this 2011 MIM 60th P Bass?
    gtr_zpsh3zv5qyf.

Shawn Luckman likes this.
  12. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

I mentioned to someone earlier how my Mexican-made, 2011 Blacktop Jazz kicks it something fierce. The same goes for my 2012 Classic '70s Jazz. Based on what I've heard here and there, it's possible 2011-2012 will go down in history as a great MIM production run. :woot: :thumbsup: