1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD - Fender/MJT content

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by allanmac00, Jan 15, 2020.

1. allanmac00

allanmac00 Supporting Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Last year I scored an MIJ 75 reissue Jazz bass with the intention of refinishing it, since the existing poly/natural ash finish had some substantial play wear. I'm a sucker for rosewood boards with pearl block inlays so I scooped it up. I ended up stripping it with a heat gun and sandpaper, but (predictably) gave up on actually prepping and painting it. I ended up sending it off to MJT to do a nitro finish in something like a tobacco/honey burst.

I finally got the body back last night and put it together. Holy smokes this bass is killer! The neck is nice and fast, and the finish is THIN! I asked for very light relic'ing so that I could break it in myself. I can't wait to put some nice natural wear into this thing. On a side note, I highly recommend MJT for refinishing work, they did an amazing job on this.

IMG_3429.JPG
    IMG_3431.JPG

2. 2saddleslab

2saddleslab Supporting Member

May 30, 2003
    Kentucky
    Congrats! Enjoy your new vintage!

MJT has done 3 projects for me and each turned out exactly as planned. Great to work with.

allanmac00 likes this.
  3. eastcoasteddie

eastcoasteddie Supporting Member

Those are awesome-sounding basses. I love their looks, too, even with the Natural finish.
    Looks great in that burst! enjoy!

allanmac00 likes this.
  4. Blues Bass 2

Blues Bass 2 Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Davenport Iowa
    That's a great looking bass !

allanmac00 likes this.