NBD - Fender Modern Player Dimension Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ppiluk, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Picked up a used Fender Modern Player Dimension Bass today. It is an amazing bass with a rotary tone selector capable of easily dialing in 5 different tones. It is a well constructed bass and even though its made in China, its as good as any Mexican bass I have ever had. I got it at a great price and I couldn't be happier. It brings my my collection up to five basses once again!

3E2BD028-C070-4E1E-87DE-973F6D1C70BA.jpeg 8DC256BA-F542-4340-AF40-34F21243E938.jpeg C14D8E7B-4343-4C31-8062-E44CA9D2A519.jpeg

2. Skillet

Skillet Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Louisiana
    I just picked up a MIM standard today and I'm pretty stoked by it. Nice playing and sounding bass. I like the black on black.

ppiluk likes this.
  3. I am looking to add one of those to my collection before too long I think. The one I played sounded amazing!

4. Skillet

Skillet Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Louisiana
    What knocks me out is the harmonics I'm getting from regularly played whole notes. As the sound decays there's a very rich and complex assortment of tones from the single humbucker. My background is mostly Ps and Js, and it's certainly different sounding. Dimension1.jpg

ppiluk likes this.
  5. Very nice. The Modern Player is more limited tone wise but it still gives a nice variety of tones b

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 25, 2021