NBD: Fender Modern Player Jaguar

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by darkblack99, Apr 28, 2012.

1. IMAG0117.jpg

IMAG0118.jpg

One that I've been waiting for for a while, and happy to get it.

I'm fond of the Jaguar line, but found the active MIJ models were unsuited to my style.
    When Squier introduced their version, I was quite taken by them for reasons of body weight, PU configuration, overall versatility (and price)...thus, I looked forward to the introduction of the MP line this year.
    There are some differences between this and the other models, the most obvious one being the neck which is completely unlike the Squier 60's J-bass style...much more like a P-bass in density and feel.
    I took the white pickguard off, leaving it commando for a while until a b/w/b one can be made.

Overall fit and finish are excellent, pickups are very beefy in output, and the brass saddles add a zing to the overall tone. Worth a look for those with an interest.

:bassist:

2. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Congratulations! Cool lookin' bass!

3. Esteboo

Esteboo

May 24, 2012
    Hey, check out Jeanie's Pickgaurds. They have the template for it. I had an Abalone one made for my MP Jag. Looks gorgeous! JEANNIE PICKGUARDS HOME PAGE
    home.comcast.net/~pickguards/

4. Huge

Huge Hell is full of musical amateurs. Like me.

Dec 2, 2005
    Edmonton
    Nice bass!

5. Bobster

Bobster

Mar 27, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Congratulations!

I absolutely love my MP Jag.

WD Music has a template as well. It's a "JGB-1003" specifically for a Modern Player Jag. I've got one in b/w/b and it was $29.99 plus shipping. The fit is perfect.

Bob

6. Congrats on your new baby!!! You know I like it without the pickgaurd on it. I have to mention that I am looking at it on my phone, small pic.

7. rockscott

rockscott

Aug 28, 2010
    massachusetts
    Love my mp jag. Its like having a p and a j in one, with a look all its own!

8. Guess who should not have opened this thread..

Congrats!

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 25, 2021