1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD: Fender Parts Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dan Pomykalski, Feb 4, 2019.

1. DJP_7814.jpg

I saw that Fender raised the prices on all of their bodies except for the Jazz Bass body, so of course I snagged one. Refinished it in Sonic Blue and put a Pau Ferro Precision Bass neck on it.

Also, this is the first time I've had any experience with Pau Ferro. I hated all of the photos I had seen of it, so I was pretty stoked to see the grain on the one I received was pretty straight and not horribly all over the place. I'm still undecided on the feel though.

Crusher47, saabfender and BassmanM like this.
  2. BassmanM

BassmanM

Feb 17, 2011
    Hamburg, Germany
    The pau ferro Fender uses feels very rough to me. I have tried many already and find the fingerboards unappealing.

I'd look for a neck with a nice and smooth rosewood board for that beautiful jazz body.

3. The Pau Ferro definitely feels very fibery. I might go on the hunt for a rosewood fretboard. Otherwise I might just keep playing it and see if it breaks in or I might spray a light clear coat on it.

BassmanM likes this.
  4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 2, 2021