1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD...Fender Player Jag

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dcbassist5, Nov 9, 2018.

1. dcbassist5

dcbassist5 Supporting Member

May 11, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Endorsing Artist: Ashdown, Lakland, Hardwire
    I’ve always been a fan of the look of the Jaguar however I didn’t like the USA Jags due to the cockpit control of switches and knobs and the active/passive feature.

Pulled the trigger on the new Player series in Tidepool with Maple Fretboard. As most of my basses are much higher end basses, I wasn’t expecting a masterpiece. Just basically something cool to add PJ to the mix and look cool on stage.

Came setup very well. I basically just dropped the string height slightly. Intonation was dead on. Pickup height was balanced. Plays like a champ!

2FF650B4-6F90-4886-AE34-E804BB2F7657. 702E242F-4615-4B0C-9626-D624C7BF41F3. 6DF3D8FF-BFF9-4A6B-904D-802ADDFDAFB8.

2. Sorry to dig out this thread, but that’s not the original bridge is it? Looks like the type of bridge you find on Deluxe MIM basses.
    Did you upgrade?

3. dcbassist5

dcbassist5 Supporting Member

May 11, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Endorsing Artist: Ashdown, Lakland, Hardwire
    It’s the new Fender High Mass Vintage bridge (their version of the Bad @ss)

4. That’s a really nice looking bass.

5. Well I know that, I got it on my Deluxe Pbass :D

Just wondering, did you fit it yourself?

6. godofthunder59

godofthunder59 God of Thunder and Rock and Roll Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Rochester NY USA
    Endorsing Cataldo Basses, Whirlwind products, Thunderbucker pickups
    Layout is nice and clean! Love the color.