1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD: Fender Precision Roger Waters

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by angrychair, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Picked this up used on ebay, has a light scratch on the back and some on the head stock from improper string installation by prior owner. Still trying to really adjust to the nut width. Sounds like a P bass. Doesn't sound as good as my Spector or Kramer, but that's my opinion. But that's why I bought it, something passive and different. And something that can take a beating without making me cringe that I dinged it.

took proper pictures tonight after I polish and waxed the body. It's my first Fender. I think the neck relief is setup perfect, just wish I could get the action a little lower without fret buzz above 12th fret. It's still not high, ~3mm on the E string at 17 fret to 2.5mm or so on the D.

IT NEEDS BLACK TUNERS AND STRING TREE!!!! Schaller BMFL style/Hipshot BT2.

GmTQA3rl.

fi7TkAkl.

lgVY9WMl.

9fgFK8Cl.

2. Ol' Dub

Ol' Dub

Nov 6, 2014
    Washington
    Looking good! Enjoy it.

3. I'll do my best :)

4. pudgychef

pudgychef In Memoriam

Jan 22, 2005
    Chongqing, China
    Congrats - that is a nice P!!

5. FunkHead

FunkHead Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Sweet. Is the Nut stock? Brass? Cool Bass

6. Yes sir.

7. FunkHead

FunkHead Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Very cool, That seems like all the P-Bass you could ever need or want.

Nikol4ik and pudgychef like this.
  8. christle

christle

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    Those are great basses! Congrats!

9. Hipshot clover tuners in black ordered, along with a D-tuner. Now to hunt down a string tree to my likings. any suggestions?

metallicafan18 likes this.
  10. TinIndian

TinIndian

Jan 25, 2011
    Micco Florida
    I really like these but the 1.75 neck scares me off. What do you think of the neck?

11. nattiep

nattiep Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2008
    Buffalo, NY
    Technically it needs chrome everything else since Roger's bass doesn't have that much black

12. yeah I don't like it, but I can play all of my bands music on it no issue, so I'll deal with it, after more play time I don't think I'll notice, transitioning back and forth to a normal neck I will have to see. I may end up selling the neck eventually if its an issue. I didn't buy it because it was Roger Waters sig, I got it because other than the neck profile, it was the P bass I wanted. Except black tuners :D

TinIndian likes this.
  13. fifthstone

fifthstone

Jun 6, 2010
    Central CT
    Suhweeet. Congrats.

14. dragon2knight

dragon2knight

Jan 23, 2016
    Bronx, NY
    That looks good in black, I like it :) Have fun modding it !

15. Nikol4ik

Nikol4ik

May 7, 2017
    Bulgaria
    I'm getting this one.i was in the mood of getting a Fender MIM P bass and put SD Quarter pound in it ,but that signature bass comes with everything I'll need in a p bass,maple fretboard,brass nut,SD 1/4 pound Alnico pickup,solid alder body,killer look,deluxe gig bag.Isnt this the ultimate p bass tone wise and price wise.I dig it a lot.Next on the list.

FunkHead likes this.
  16. JCW308

JCW308

Mar 28, 2000
    Pennsylvania
    I added black tuners to mine when I first got it. Looked much better. Then I put the chrome back on and changed to a heavier chrome bridge. This is the setup I have now. I like that it has all chrome hardware instead of a mix of chrome and black.

17. eeLALlen

eeLALlen

Oct 27, 2018
    I have one of these, and it not only sounds heavy, it IS heavy! The neck is a massive C-shape, thicker than any other Fender P bass I own or have owned. It's great for playing heavy bottom foundations, but I am thinking of putting Rotosound 66 extra light strings (30-85) on it to make it a bit more agile, playing-wise. Anyone done this or have any thoughts...?

18. JCW308

JCW308

Mar 28, 2000
    Pennsylvania
    I just use Elixirs and it's been fine.

19. hypercarrots

hypercarrots

Jan 28, 2009
    los angeles
    Are the knobs black?

20. JCW308

JCW308

Mar 28, 2000
    Pennsylvania
    Knobs are black. Tried chrome and it looked strange so I popped the original black knobs back on.