1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD Fender road worn P bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lazybfarm, Mar 6, 2016.

1. IMG_20160306_175439939.
    On my way to rehearsal on Friday night, I stopped by my local music store. They had a MIM road worn 50's P bass. I wound up trading them a strat that I had hoped to sell at rehearsal for the P bass. I was in a hurry to get to rehearsal so I didn't even plug it in at the store. I spent @ 30 mins on a setup and wound up playing it all night. This bass for under a grand , sounds and plays, feels, and has the mojo better than a lot of basses that cost twice as much. I was thinking, on the way to the studio that I would get a Lindy fralin pup to put in it, but I have to say the stock pup in this bass sounds pretty frickin great. For now I'm just gonna play the doo doo out of it.

2. Magicrat

Magicrat

Jan 25, 2016
    Very nice looking bass enjoy.

3. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

Dec 25, 2007
    Gastonia, NC
    That are nice. I used to have nearly the identical one. Enjoy!

4. Just put on a set of old chromes that I had , and wow, does this bass thump! My last P bass was a 74 ,I sold it probly 10 years ago. I dont think it ever sounded as good as this one. Im in love. For now.

5. Magicrat

Magicrat

Jan 25, 2016
    What is the pick guard made of it looks like wood?

6. it is gold anodized aluminum I think

7. Magicrat

Magicrat

Jan 25, 2016
    I really like it, a very nice touch.

8. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN"

Oct 11, 2009
    MEXICANADAMERICA
    image.
    congrats, man!