NBD Fender Tony Franklin Frettless P Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by citizenchris099, May 12, 2018.

1. This is my second American Fender and I must say it is an impressive instrument.
    Had my tech set it up with low action and D'adario NYXL (45-105 set)
    This is my first unlined frettless and I'm loving the challenge so far. Also it's crazy how responsive it is to even minute changes in right hand technique

Attached Files:

2. bass4u

bass4u Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2007
    maryland,usa
    I just recently got one of these too in the same finish. It is the best Fender bass I've ever owned. I own 3 other Precision basses, all American made and one is a fretless with a mape fingerboard from the 70's. The Tony Franklin bass's build quality and sound seem's like a custom shop model.

3. I've heard this about the Tony Franklin being similar to custom shop quality.
    I've unfortunately never played a Custom Shop so I can't say one way or the other.
    I did play it for a few hours before the setup and new strings. I genuinely think a lot of what I'm loving are the NYXL strings.
    I'm in love with this special jazz bridge pickup btw

Last edited: May 12, 2018
  4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 17, 2022