NBD: finally replaced my baby

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Scott Baiowulf, Jan 22, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Scott Baiowulf

Scott Baiowulf

Apr 7, 2017
    Houston
    Middle of last year I had to sell my EBMM Stingray to pay some unexpected bills. It was a 4 H in black sparkle paint with a matching headstock. I had just finished recording a new album with it and it was very painful to let go. I didn't think I'd be able to afford another Stingray any time soon, but just got this beauty in the mail. It's not as fancy as my old one, but it's in fantastic condition (I hope, it just got delivered to my office, I won't get to plug it in for another few hours). Anyway, behold the teal EBMM Sub 4. Supposedly it's from 2005 but I haven't been able to find any info on the serial number. At $450 it was too good to pass up for an American made Stingray. IMG_8308.jpg

The Eristic, scuzzy, jag-atk and 3 others like this.
  2. CryingBass

CryingBass Ours' is the only Reality of Consequence Gold Supporting Member

Apr 8, 2016
    And I always thought NBD stood for New Bass Day, not New Baby Day :)

Congrats

Scott Baiowulf likes this.
  3. MD Stingray

MD Stingray Guest

Jan 17, 2008
    Stoked for you. I’ve heard many great things about the original SUB.

4. LadyLoveStingRay5

LadyLoveStingRay5

Jul 17, 2004
    Yep, you did good. Im sure you'll like it. Maybe not as much, maybe even better. I had one but found them too be too heavy and too big of a neck for my small hands. But my USA SUB completely sold me on the MusicMan company as far as quality goes. My favorite basses are MusicMans. Ive never played a bad MusicMan at any price point. If I hadn't experienced owning a USA SUB I never would have purchased my MusicMan Caprice. Enjoy the bass and welcome back to MusicMan. Oh and you picked up the best color .

5. Scott Baiowulf

Scott Baiowulf

Apr 7, 2017
    Houston
    Thanks! I think you're right that I'm going to wind up liking this one better, just because with the Stingray I sold I didn't fully appreciate it until it was gone. The quality is definitely the best I've ever played, especially the necks. Also, yes the teal is fantastic, it's the first one in this color that I've come across.

lowdownthump likes this.
  6. SaucyJackBass

SaucyJackBass

May 6, 2009
    I have that exact bass. I have flats on it. I love it. I have played the crap out of mine, so it's not in as good as shape. It has been my practice bass for years.

lowdownthump and Scott Baiowulf like this.
  7. Scott Baiowulf

Scott Baiowulf

Apr 7, 2017
    Houston
    How does it look/feel after heavy use? This one is in close the mint condition, I’m looking forward to playing the paint off the neck.

8. Try those tapewounds before changing to anything else. I love em.

9. SaucyJackBass

SaucyJackBass

May 6, 2009
    It plays great. No issue with neck. Quite a few dings on the head stock from bumping lights or ceilings in practice space. No effect. Has some buckle rash. It holds up well. Like I said, I have probably used this baby for over 400 practices.

10. Crusher47

Crusher47 Tattoo'ed Freak

Apr 12, 2014
    Fort Worth, TX
    Right on, Congrats!

11. scuzzy

scuzzy

Feb 15, 2006
    Troy, MO
    sold one years ago for way less than I am willing to admit. I still miss it. was a beast of a bass. congrats!

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 19, 2022