1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD!!! First Rosewood board / Tort Fender P5!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ShirazBop, Sep 27, 2013.

1. ShirazBop

ShirazBop

Sep 29, 2006
    Greensboro, NC
    Got the maple board Fender Fiver's covered (a P5 and a J5) so know time to get both a rosewood board AND a Tort guard back in the arsenal. Previously had a late 80's Fender MIJ in this configuration that I loved, so when I saw this one show up in the TB classified, I took immediate interest...

A huge Thank You to fellow TB'er "Fair Warning", who found the string spacing on the Fenders a little wider to his liking...

This is a 2012 model and she's in perfect condition!

Well as they say, "no pics, no bass"!!!

IMG_4821-L.

IMG_4824-L.

IMG_4823-L.

IMG_4820-L.

• She's the lightest of my 5 stringers and now with selling off all but one of my 4 strings is the lightest of any coming in right around 9 lbs...
    • The lighting shows her looking a little more creamy then what she is now, but gives an idea on how she will look further out in time.
    • The fretboard is dark mocha richness and the necks grain pattern shows a touch of quarter-saw on the G string side.
    • Currently she's strung through body with the original Fender rounds and has wonderful thump, sustain and resonance... Sounds just like a P Bass should!
    • I think after a while, I'll go for a set of top loaded EADG and then string through the body on the low B (like some Mike Lulls I've seen) with some Sadowsky Nickel Blues. I have that setup on my Jazz 5 and really like it.

The above particulars sum up to a nearly same look and feel in a 5 string version of my since departed MIJ 4 string Precision which is a total bonus!

Really stoked with this purchase!

Thank you again Lou and Talkbass for being such a great community!

2. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Congrats! It turns out that NC got BOTH the P5s that were listed for sale here at TB. I just scored this one today. Should be here next week. Your great review has me even MORE excited! Enjoy!

3. Twangster101

Twangster101 You gonna pull them pistols or whistle Dixie?

Aug 6, 2012
    South Mississippi
    Congratulations that beauty . Just bought a white with maple board from fellow TB er. Should be here next week.

4. Marko 1

Marko 1

Mar 9, 2009
    N.E. Ohio
    Well… congrats to all three of ya. :)

5. ShirazBop

ShirazBop

Sep 29, 2006
    Greensboro, NC

Thank you! Gorgeous Bass there as well,..Congrats to you as well
    Way cool! :bassist:

6. ShirazBop

ShirazBop

Sep 29, 2006
    Greensboro, NC
    Thank you! Be sure to post pics of yours when she arrives... Have not seen one with that scheme in a 5 string.