1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NBD...First time Squier owner

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Stinger2k, Aug 2, 2012.

1. So, I always watch Ebay just for the hell of it. Don't need anything, but you know. So I see a Squier Classic Vibe Precision 50' bass that says it was in excellent condition. I bid 175.00 on it and then moved on. A few days later I get the email I won.
    It's here and I am very impressed. Sounds and feels great. I replaced the foam under the P/U as it wouldn't raise up without a lot of play, but that's it. Put some Chromes on it and it's great.:bassist:

Attached Files:

2. pocketgroove

pocketgroove

Jun 28, 2010
    Detroit
    Congrats! It looks like it's in great shape.

3. recreate.me

recreate.me

Apr 2, 2010
    Ontario
    Congrats! I have great things about these basses! The great thing with squiers is that a lot of Fender parts fit, and you can always swap out the pickup and electronics with something new if you like!

4. Very nice!

5. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    Nice find ... if you get a chance, can you toss it on a scale ?? ... I am curious as to the weight on these compared to the natural finish ones .. thanks

6. punkjazzben

punkjazzben

Jun 26, 2008
    Australia
    I have one of these, and I'm about to get a matching Blonde one because I love it so much. I put flats on mine and I couldn't be happier with the sound. It's a very comfortable bass and the weight is just right.

I bought a MIM Fender P just before I got mine, and to be honest, if I'd known how good the CV 50s was, I wouldn't have paid twice as much for the Fender.

Congrats on your new bass, I'm sure you'll enjoy it immensely!

7. wow - nice bass, nice price! congrats

8. Martin89

Martin89

Nov 8, 2010
    Glendale, AZ
    Unofficial Endorser: Ibanez, D'Addario, Zoom
    It looks very nice, looks like a good buy.

9. 7.8 lbs on our bathroom scale

10. I know what you mean, these are very nice. My main go to bass is my 1987 Fender Jazz Special (MIJ) which I bought new in 87.
    This may change