1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD friday

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by GODSBASSMAN, Apr 26, 2015.

1. GODSBASSMAN

GODSBASSMAN

Feb 2, 2005
    S. Carolina
    Ebay purchase :O)
    hanewickel.JPG Hanewinckel piezo looks like Fusion vintage series,, maple neck, wenge fret board, mahogany body. I wonder if it is hollow? Wood/bone bridge? Gonna change those Bartolini knobs for sure with some wooden ones I have in the parts drawer. Change of strings, of course...what kind for fretted piezo would be recommended?

2. eastcoasteddie

eastcoasteddie Supporting Member

That's sick!

String-wise, I would guess regular rounds....can't go wrong with them...!
    What does it have now? Looks like a steel B and those plastics on the rest...?

Looking at it, I would need some sort of thumb rest near where a bridge pickup would be...

3. GODSBASSMAN

GODSBASSMAN

Feb 2, 2005
    S. Carolina
    Thank y'all. Will probably use stainless steels but I have a shelf full of different kinds of string packs (hoarder) to try out on it as soon as it arrives here in S. Carolina friday. Looks like tapewound nylon set on it now.

4. GODSBASSMAN

GODSBASSMAN

Feb 2, 2005
    S. Carolina
    Well, email sent to Pete Winckel was answered. His 18th bass in 1996 and first nylon piezo configuration. It is a poplar back and pale walnut front, maple neck, wenge board. He recorded it as a "Sedona". Cool. Of course, I printed out his reply and stuck it in my Hanewinckel book for future reference.
    :O)

5. Dogbertday

Dogbertday Commercial User

Jul 10, 2007
    SE Wisconsin
    Blaine Music LLC
    I like a scooped tone with a piezo pickup. Open and even. I'd be tempted to try some fodera steels or d'addario flexsteels. Light gauge.. maybe Roto 99PSDs.

Sweet bass, man. Someday I'll be able to try some of those less traditional instruments.

6. GODSBASSMAN

GODSBASSMAN

Feb 2, 2005
    S. Carolina
    Flexsteels I don't do ...got the others in the string cabinet already to try. My "someday" has come. Thanks.

7. Dogbertday

Dogbertday Commercial User

Jul 10, 2007
    SE Wisconsin
    Blaine Music LLC
    I honestly haven't tried flexsteels, but from descriptions they'd be interesting with a piezo pickup. I'd like to play them on a bass but I'm not going to spend the cash just to try something that I'm that questionable on. Let us know how the other two work! Fodera strings are one of my new loves.