1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD full circle of life.....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pappabass, Dec 23, 2016.

1. 20161223_081956_resized (1). NBD day today, seems that life is a circle, I started 20+ years ago with a fair copy if a Fender p bass. Looking back it needed a setup & i did not like the color. So l sold it & moved to a Fender jazz, perfect bass but I am not a jazz sound person. Reluctantly sold it. I got a new gig at a church & bought a ESP 5 string. Played & babied it for years, still have it. I wanted a beater 4 to leave out & practice scales. So a VM Jag for $150 arrived. I played all the time, even at the past 5 gigs. Then i saw this one, fender p, plus its my favorite color. After a couple of months of layaway, now it's here. It has EMG pickups, badass bridge. Has a touch brighter p sound which I like. Circle ? Yeah, I ended up with I started with. I will kiss the squier jag good by next week.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
  2. Fat Freddy

Fat Freddy Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2016
    Albany NY
    No pics....etc....etc....;):)

3. alack

alack

Nov 20, 2000
    Florida
    Starting with a P and coming back around to a P years later is a common story (I lived it myself). Enjoy it!

Tbone76 and pappabass like this.
  4. Fat Freddy

Fat Freddy Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2016
    Albany NY
    Hooray!....Pic....Nice bass :thumbsup:

pappabass likes this.
  5. Nice bass! Congrats! I love me some black on black.

No reason to say good by [sic] to your Jag. Yet. Keep it long enough to get through the honeymoon period with the P.

The Jazz Bass is only to be used for jazz? I guess it's time to sell mine. And then tell Geddy he's been doing it all wrong.

pappabass likes this.
  6. Crusher47

Crusher47 Tattoo'ed Freak Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2014
    Fort Worth, TX
    Lookin' good, congrats!

pappabass likes this.
  7. Gnal

Gnal

Apr 22, 2014
    P's are great, took me a long time to figure that out, congrats on the new bass!

dabbler and pappabass like this.
  8. Yeah, you are right. I am old school and like fenders !! The name & style are timeless!