1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD: G&L L2500 Tribute

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassfootballguy, Jul 10, 2014.

1. bassfootballguy

bassfootballguy Spectacularly Average Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2007
    A small, small town
    Terrific bass. I have had the gamut of five string basses and this one is excellent. Came with deluxe G&L gig bag and just is a fine bass.
    B string is a little weaker than the other ones, but great tone and very smooth playability.
    The tone is typical L2K - great bark and bite but capable of smoother tones, too.
    Here it is:
    ImageUploadedByTalkBass1405041949.410968. ImageUploadedByTalkBass1405041968.611225. ImageUploadedByTalkBass1405041988.064617.

Tbone76 likes this.
  2. petrus61

petrus61 Supporting Member

I've never been more impressed with value for dollar ratio than when I bought my L2500 Tribute. Easily one of the nicest basses I ever owned and every day I regret it a little more that I sold it. The case is top notch, right up there with Mono, IMO. The tone wasn't my thing ultimately, but damn...I miss that bass.

bassfootballguy likes this.
  3. LowEZ

LowEZ Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Central NJ
    Congrats! I had one as well and was also stunned by the quality at that price point. Try a .135 tapered B. I always liked them on my 34" 5'ers.

4. Guinness20

Guinness20

Jan 24, 2013
    Liverpool, UK
    Congrats dude, serios bass envy!

5. punkjazzben

punkjazzben

Jun 26, 2008
    Australia
    Awesome!

Mine is in transit as we speak. Blueburst and rosewood.

Hard to find a TBer that doesn't like these basses, and the AU$655 price was hard to beat.

Hope you're enjoying it!

6. bassfootballguy

Apr 2, 2007
    A small, small town
    The more I play this beast the more I like it.
    The B string isn't super taut and there is some tight string spacing, but the spacing actually benefits my smaller hands and the B - even open - is not flabby.
    Overall, this is a base that does the Nuke LaLoosh - it announces it's presence with authority! Such a fine instrument and if the Tribute is THIS good, I can scarcely imagine how good the U.S. model must be!
    I am thoroughly pleased.

7. tallmanitw

tallmanitw

Jan 2, 2012
    Just bought the USA version on eBay for $950. Best I've played, and now is #1 go-to axe in a stable that includes a Stingray, a Rickenbacker 4003, an Alembic Élan, a 79 Jazz bass, and a Line 6 Variax 705

8. bassfootballguy

Apr 2, 2007
    A small, small town
    Used it today at a gig and it just hummed thru the Aguilar rig! Made me come straight home and take down the for sale/trade thread.
    It is staying put!