NBD - G&L L2K

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by spencejm, Jun 14, 2021.

1. Grizelda100

Grizelda100

May 16, 2020
    San Diego
    Beautiful!

2. Basshappi

Basshappi

Feb 12, 2007
    Tucson,AZ
    Looks fantastic, Congrats!

3. Terrymac

Terrymac

May 4, 2021
    Even with the hype, I wasn’t disappointed, that will look fantastic under the lights. Enjoy!

tindrum likes this.
  4. ComeHomeShane

ComeHomeShane Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2016
    Southern California
    Niiiiccccee. A friend has the same in green metal flake and it looks fantastic under stage lights.

just curious because orange sparkle is a pretty loud statement, but what kind of playing will you be doing with this bass?

5. Gizmot

Gizmot

Mar 22, 2009
    Nashville area
    Very, very nice! Play it and enjoy it! It’s an attention-grabber!

6. Orange metal flake…..beautiful. That will make quite a statement on stage. Congratulations.

7. Strung_Low

Strung_Low Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2012
    San Franciskee
    That thing is awesome!! I have an older mik l2500 in blk/maple, but its no lightweight lol. Great and versatile basses, have fun!!

8. 2F/2F

2F/2F

May 26, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Congrats.

That's a super light one...with a skinny neck. My L1.5K weighs 8 lb. 1 oz., and feels floaty as heck to me – almost to the point at which I have considered converting it into an L2K to add a little more weight to the body.

The controls won't take long to figure out. They're pretty easy to "get." You have a three way pickup selector switch that works like a classic Gibson switch, in terms of what it gives you. You have a thick/thin/medium (series/single/parallel) switch for the pickups. And you have a flat boost and a treble boost on the tail end, that you can bring in at any setting.

Just remember that you need not use your knobs dimed, and you'll be able to control the bass better.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
    spencejm and One Way like this.
  9. spencejm

spencejm

Jun 6, 2007
    Columbia, MO
    I plan on putting on spectacular shows in my mind while I play in the basement!

Joe

Murch, woodyng2 and ComeHomeShane like this.
  10. That’s a real 4th of July sparkler.
    Nice!:cool:

dabbler likes this.
  11. TheReceder

TheReceder

Jul 12, 2010
    Mn.
    Love mine... no doubt you'll love yours.
    My most versatile bass.

One day I'll get a fish scale and find out if I should be depressed about how much it, and some of my other basses weigh.

12. sylvanbass

sylvanbass Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2013
    Kingston Springs TN
    PURDY

13. Rjb1101

Rjb1101

Jan 4, 2021
    That looks sweet.

14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 29, 2021