1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD G&L LB100 "nocaster"?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by armybass, Apr 20, 2015.

1. armybass

armybass Gold Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2001
    image. image. I have had a P Bass itch that was getting way under my skin and love dealing with Greg at Rocket Music and the LB100's caught my eye. I have been a G&L fanatic from way way back but have not had one in my stable for some time. So I scored this beauty on Friday..... but then I realized that there was no "LB 100" on the headstock (or anywhere else). I also noticed on a few other painted HS G&L's that they had no names on them. Is this a G&L trend? Love the bass by the way.....GROWLER!

2. armybass

Jul 19, 2001
    Ah well I guess there is no mystery there..... every pic I find of a recent painted G&L head stock only has the G&L logo on it. Looks classy. Guess thats how they roll. :)

3. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    That's beautiful congrats and I think just having G&L on the headstock looks classy.

4. markob

markob

Mar 2, 2010
    North Cali
    A Beaut! Love the dark roseboard.

armybass likes this.
  5. They seem to go either way....

IMG_0046_zps3099bdd7.

101_1566_zpscdec2920.

armybass likes this.
  6. dedpool1052

dedpool1052

Jan 10, 2011
    Seattle, WA
    It's a no-charge option on their guitars/basses. It's the "model name deleted" option. I too like the look of it on painted headstocks. Pure class.

7. Interesting. How long has that been an option?

8. RedHotFuzz

RedHotFuzz

Mar 16, 2014
    Man I love G&L! If only they had a medium scale option, I'd be all over one! (Or two or three...) :bawl:

Immigrant likes this.
  9. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Cool lookin' bass. Congrats.

armybass likes this.
  10. You should be glad they don't....save yourself from the dreaded G&L GAS disease!

Immigrant and RedHotFuzz like this.
  11. dedpool1052

dedpool1052

Jan 10, 2011
    Seattle, WA
    I know it's been on the price list since last year. Not sure how long it's been an "off-menu" option.

12. bhunt1

bhunt1 Vintage Lefty Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Upstate NY
    Older than dirt ;)
    I don't think they are totally consistent on the logo/no logo on painted headstocks either - not shocking with G&L. I do think it's classy w no logo on paint.

armybass likes this.
  13. n1as

n1as

Mar 29, 2013
    I'll take it. PM on the way.

JK!

armybass and MattyH like this.
  14. armybass

Jul 19, 2001
    What a great player and what a great P Bass sound. So very classic "aggressive" P Bass tone. I have yet been able to achieve that great slap tone Ed got with his on the video but I am heading more towards flats on this bass anywho!

15. I'm a maple fingerboard guy but man that dark rosewood works so well with that color combo.

armybass likes this.
  16. emblymouse

emblymouse exempt Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2006
    W'Sconsin
    NBD here too, Nocaster style.

Attached Files:

17. armybass

Jul 19, 2001
    What color is that man?!?

18. emblymouse

emblymouse exempt Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2006
    W'Sconsin
    It's called Panther Pink. There is a Muscle Car Series and this is a Mopar color from the 70's.

19. Boy, that's a good lookin' bass. Those G&L's always look sharp and sturdy right off the rack.

armybass likes this.
  20. drakson

drakson

Jan 26, 2015
    Dayton, Ohio
    Really a sharp looking bass and I know it will sound as good as it looks. Good for You!