NBD- G&L Tribute L2000

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Maxdusty, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Maxdusty

Maxdusty

Mar 9, 2012
    Michigan USA
    I was waiting for one of these to show up on Craigslist and had just sold a bass to make room for one. 5th bass this year, "no bass this year" obviously went out the window but to buy a bass, I have to sell one so technically, it's replacing my basses more than anything.

Thanks to reviews and posts about the L2000, I put up my G&L SB2 Tribute I picked up a month ago for cheap to fully fund this so essentially it's switching out G&L models. I love the SB2 but I think the L2000 just has more of the sound I was looking for and a little more versatility- I haven't played it much but from what little I have, it's everything I had hoped it would be. The bass itself is in great shape, haven't seen a scratch on it yet.
    It does have a thicker neck but it doesn't really bother me to be a problem.

59301427_384882505571547_4335516159550947328_n.jpg

pudge, PockySteve, One Way and 8 others like this.
  2. Bass V

Bass V

Dec 11, 2008
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    v nice! the L2KT is one of those 'must have's in any arsenal, even if only for use as a weapon lol

Maxdusty likes this.
  3. sstillwell

sstillwell

Nov 20, 2008
    With my L2500 Tribute I thought the thicker neck would bother me...but it's turning out to be one of the most comfortable basses I've played, as well as hands-down the most versatile. Maybe I've been wrong all this time and it's only the string spacing I care about. Nice bass!

Chris Fitzgerald and Maxdusty like this.
  4. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    Very nice, congrats!

Maxdusty likes this.
  5. Maxdusty

Maxdusty

Mar 9, 2012
    Michigan USA
    Thanks! Wow - played a bit more of the bass after cleaning it and changing the strings - the thing is a tone monster! Easily one of more versatile basses I've tried in the mid-range price category, that along with the Sire V3 or V7. If I had to pare down my basses to only two mid-priced basses, those two would be my pick. The Sire v7 Version 2 is next and hopefully that's it for this year. :)

One Way and Spidey2112 like this.
  6. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    images(14).jpg

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
    Maxdusty likes this.
  7. One Way

One Way

Mar 6, 2018
    Atlanta, GA
    Congrats on your L2000! I’m with you on your pared-down choices, really happy with my G&L M2500 Tribute, Sire V7 (1st gen), and can’t do without Fender P Bass w/ flats

Maxdusty likes this.
  8. fretlessbass

fretlessbass Supporting Member

Dec 3, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    I've had the exact same bass for about a dozen years...bought it sight-unseen off ebay for $350...it's still my absolute all-time favorite bass...nothing I've ever owned has given me half the enjoyment that that bass has...may you enjoy yours just as much, maxdusty!

Maxdusty and Spidey2112 like this.
  9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 13, 2021