1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NBD G&L Tribute M2500

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by praisebass, Mar 30, 2013.

1. praisebass

praisebass

Aug 20, 2009
    Missouri
    Very happy to receive my first G&L Tribute and my first five string.

I'm a G&L fan - pictured here with my main basses, honey ASAT and L2000 fretless. When this one came up as MF STOD, I had to jump.

Play a lot in flat keys so looking forward to the B string for a while. Yeehaw!

Attached Files:

2. laneline

laneline Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2006
    North Jersey
    Congrats, great trio of G&L's. Love to hear your impressions of the M2500 after you get some time on it. How is the neck carve size?

3. praisebass

praisebass

Aug 20, 2009
    Missouri
    Here's my first impressions:

Really like the controls knobs versus the L2000/ASAT. Much more intuitive.

Fit and finish of my particular M2500 is not quite up to the standard of my American G&Ls but not bad - small gap (itty bitty) on one side between neck and body. No real complaints.

I like the sound - very 'forward' and very 'modern' - not sure how descriptive that is to anyone but myself. I think I like the preamp. I have not taken the Barris out to see if it will make noise without them. I like the neck - I didn't have experience with more than four strings so I have no fiver frame of reference. The string spacing seems a little close but nothing I can't get used to. (it may just seem close because I've heard other players say the spacing its close on G$L five strings.

I've only played one full church service with it a far as playing in public with the band. My wife said she thought it sounded fine.

So far, I really like it but I don't play a lot of different basses so I don't have much to compare to. I'm blissful, even if I may be ignorantly blissful.

4. redhed

redhed Supporting Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Sweet collection! Congrats!!

5. praisebass

praisebass

Aug 20, 2009
    Missouri
  6. NWB

NWB

Apr 30, 2008
    Kirkland, WA
    Cool bass!:cool:

I bought an M2500 for my first fiver after playing fours for 30 years. I really dig the bass and I also have a couple other G&Ls too.

Unfortunately, I bought mine well before the SDOTD and paid a whole lot more.