1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

[NBD] G&L USA JB 4-string

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JaketheB, Sep 5, 2016.

1. JaketheB

JaketheB

Dec 5, 2015
    After months of messing around, attempting to get my Cort GB74 working well with passive Delano's and the tone not working AT ALL, I decided it was time to treat myself to a bass for life.

I've heard fantastic things about USA G&L's but unfortunately in the UK they're virtually nonexistent (and after Brexit the prices have soared). Luckily I found TheGreatBritishBassLounge in Manchester, UK, which has an incredible selection of fantastic basses. After a few emails with Drew, the owner, I finally drove up today and picked this beauty up!!

Strung with La Bella flats the bass plays and sounds unbelievably good. This will be getting some heavy use in the studio!!

[Not the best pictures, but I was more interested in plugging it in after the obligatory installation of strap-locks]

20160905_133608. 20160905_133709. 20160905_133728. 20160905_133746. 20160905_152453.

BigDanT, murphy, alack and 4 others like this.
  2. FantasticFour

FantasticFour

Dec 14, 2013
    Europeland
    Congrats, that looks like an awesome jazz!!
    Seriously, stop torturing me with your gorgeous G&Ls, people :banghead:

3. TinIndian

TinIndian

Jan 25, 2011
    Micco Florida
    Nicebass. Congrats! Seems to be ALOT of G&L love around here lately.

4. garp

garp

Feb 7, 2009
    Connecticut USA
    Nice! Congrats. Indeed, a bass for life.

5. sratas

sratas

Dec 15, 2007
    Parma, Italy
    Acquired my g&l jb in 2012 and never looked back. Absolutely awesome bass, now strung with flats. mine is light as cardboard too. Bass for life

BassmanM likes this.
  6. Nedmundo

Nedmundo Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Congrats! I've had one since 2010, and it's been wonderful. I think you'll like it in the studio. I did some recording with the stock pickups, and thought it sounded fantastic. It now has Lace Man O' Wars, which I prefer live but haven't tried for recording.