1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NBD: Godin Freeway 4 (passive)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mansjasont, Feb 12, 2018.

Tags:
  1. It's NBD for me!... well... actually Saturday was... but I spent my whole weekend playing it so no time to post about it until now.

Anyways... here it is: IMG_5194.

I've been wanting one of these for the past 10+ years... Back when I first started playing bass, my High School music teacher was a bass player too and he owned a Freeway 5. I played it quite a bit and loved it. Ever since, I've wanted one for myself. I've never been much of a 5 string player (actually, I sold my only 5er to buy this one) so I was looking for the 4 string version. Every time I came across one, I couldn't justify it with the budget... But, I got a crazy deal on this one. I couldn't pass it up. I paid $250CAD (~$200USD) and it came with a hard case.

tindrum, torpedo2k, Haroldo and 4 others like this.
  2. walldaja

walldaja

Apr 27, 2011
    Nice looking bass, enjoy.

mansjasont likes this.
  3. ThudThudThud

ThudThudThud

Jun 4, 2010
    There is NOTHING wrong with that! Nice bass.

mansjasont likes this.
  4. First gig with this thing last night... Man am I happy!

RobTheRiot likes this.
  5. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

Dec 25, 2007
    Gastonia, NC
    That's nice with an even nicer price, IMO.

6. ezstep

ezstep

Nov 25, 2004
    north Louisiana
    I have never actually seen a Godin bass, but I have one of their archtop ac/el acoustics, and it is well worth the money.

7. DerbyCityMadman

DerbyCityMadman

Jan 27, 2019
    I have a Freeway IV active and I love it. Even when playing on a 60's Jazz, a German Warwick, Growlers, etc... I still think "I'd rather have my Freeway." My favorite bass ever. Never get rid of it. You will never forgive yourself.

mansjasont and Bass V like this.
  8. NePb

NePb

Jan 20, 2019
    Edmonton ish
    I have a Freeway V Active, great bass. Hope you enjoy yours for years to come.

mansjasont likes this.
  9. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

May 30, 2006
    There ya go! You can take this anywhere and play anything with it. Bonus is the price and case. You're set. End of story. :thumbsup:

PS: Love the finish/color
    PSS: Although I prefer active basses...IMO anyone MUST have a passive (yes, I do have a passive which I love amongst my 9 other basses).

mansjasont and Bass V like this.
  10. MattZilla

MattZilla

Jun 26, 2013
    CNY
    love this.

mansjasont likes this.
  11. Bass V

Bass V

Dec 11, 2008
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    congrats on the score! these bang for buck Freeway models are looking to be a must-haves