1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD - Going International!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Judge Nickels, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Judge Nickels

Judge Nickels Supporting Member

Aug 3, 2015
    Texas
    I've long been fascinated with Fender's International Color Series, but shelling out several thousand dollars for an 11 pound bass was never going to be in the cards.

capri_sun.

Enter this early 90s CIJ Precision in Capri Orange, which weighs in at a svelte 8.3 pounds. You don't see something like that every day! I ran across it on Reverb and just couldn't keep myself from pulling the trigger.

I'm enjoying it. It balances perfectly, resonates well, plays killer and sounds tough. The color absolutely gets a reaction from anyone who sees it.

2. ejaggers

ejaggers Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Fort Worth, tx
    Sweet!!!

Judge Nickels likes this.
  3. Very nice Fender Japan turned out some really nice basses :thumbsup::cool:.

4. Slater

Slater Leave that thing alone. Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    Nice! :thumbsup: Capri Orange is one of my favorite colors.

5. saabfender

saabfender Banned

Jan 10, 2018
    Indianapolis
    The Orange Dream Bar aesthetic is tasty.

6. Lowbrow

Lowbrow Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2008
    Pittsburgh PA!
    I was maybe 17 when Fender's International Colors series came out - just ready to trade in my Mustang and buy a P.
    God, I thought the line was ugly then -- and opted for a see-thru 'wine red' with RW neck and a black guard (what a dog that bass was...).
    TODAY I love the International Colors - and I pray for restraint if I ever see a Monaco Yellow P for sale!
    All that said - yours looks amazing!

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
  7. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    Wowzers! What a great color.