NBD- Got really lucky, got an awesome Rogue Fretless Bass.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Maxdusty, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Maxdusty

Maxdusty

Mar 9, 2012
    Michigan USA
    I certainly wasn't looking for another bass but a CL posting for a SUB bass at a great price was pretty hard to resist. The SUB bass was okay, but not quite in the condition I had hoped for but the seller according to the ad also had another bass up for sale, other than being a fretless, the fact that it was a Rogue for $100 didn't really pique my interest. The bass was also extremely lightweight so curiosity got the better of me.
    I know Rogue isn't exactly a brand that's on my radar and on the sales post, it seemed oddly overpriced considering a brand new Rogue is around $100- so on a lark, decided to try it anyway. The neck was actually pretty decent, but it's the mods got me interested in wanting to listen to it - Hipshot tuners, hipshot bridge, LaBella flatwound strings and EMG Geezer Butler PJ pickups....all of this on a Rogue. Never seen a Rogue with this kind of upgrade work done to it.
    Well, wouldn't you know it, the thing sounded terrific! I can't believe I'm saying this, but this "Rogue" has got me excited. lol

I know, no pics, no bass right?
    Here's the one Rogue I'm happy about.
    57568385_330395557835010_1128049001103360000_n.jpg 57363192_1168884363294478_8270538064837738496_n.jpg

Lillianna, ed morgan, rickdog and 4 others like this.
  2. Inara

Inara Fierce Fun Fretless Female Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2017
    Seattle, WA USA
    Cool! Wow you could part it out for more than you paid for it. Not that I'm suggesting that! It looks cool, and congrats on getting a lightweight, great player for a super price!

Lillianna and Maxdusty like this.
  3. Sid the Kid

Sid the Kid Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2013
    Illinois
    Good score on a set of pickups with a bass attached!

ed morgan and Maxdusty like this.
  4. Maxdusty

Maxdusty

Mar 9, 2012
    Michigan USA
    Thanks and yes, I initially got it for the parts and planned to use them on a P/J bass I already own, but I was playing the Rogue bass last night and was really surprised at how well it played. The light weight of the bass, being a fretless with great action on the fretboard (the previous owned did a great job on setting everything up), I think I'll keep it as is for now. I'm not a brand snob by any means, and will rock any well playing bass regardless of brand on the headstock but have to admit being a little pleasantly surprised by this.

5. rickdog

rickdog Gold Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2010
    Looks like a nice one to rock! I'm a sucker for a blank plank, I love the look of this bass. I think you scored!

Lillianna and Maxdusty like this.
  6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 27, 2022