1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD! Gretsch Junior Jet

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by gphil, Oct 28, 2018.

1. gphil

gphil

Jul 9, 2016
    Sauk Centre, MN
    This last week I picked up a new Gretsch G2224 Junior Jet II.

I have to say, I am amazed at the sound that comes out of this bass. I just fell in love with the sound that came out of this bass the first time I played it. IMG_20181023_175806393. IMG_20181023_175839552. IMG_20181023_175854333.

I am going to add a Hipshot Bass Xtender Tuner and eventually I will probably replace the bridge.

bobyoung53, lowplaces, Plake and 2 others like this.
  2. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

did you choose that instrument for 'health' reasons?

cool looking ax! congratulations on your new instrument! :thumbsup:

3. B-Mac

B-Mac Sorting Things Out Supporting Member

Nice
    Check out the Gretsch club
    @Pilgrim is a bit of an expert on Junior Jets

4. gphil

gphil

Jul 9, 2016
    Sauk Centre, MN
    Yes I did choose it for health reasons.

I have been having neck and shoulder problems resulting from an auto accident in May 2017. I realized that I needed to get a bass that was lighter and had a shorter reach for my left arm.

I decided to try a short scale bass and that has helped ease the discomfort quite a bit. And, like I said, I absolutely love this bass.

lowplaces, 4sight and B-Mac like this.
  5. gphil

gphil

Jul 9, 2016
    Sauk Centre, MN
    I took this bass to practice this afternoon and finally played it at performance volume.
    The way this sounded and sat in the mix, I am very happy I pulled the trigger and bought this bass. Also, the lessening of the pain in my neck and shoulders after this bass was on my shoulder for 2 hours was quite considerable.

Mekana likes this.
  6. Congrats on your NB.
    I picked up a Gretsch Jr. Jet earlier this year.

7. Markamb1

Markamb1

Oct 24, 2018
    I like them too....there is a green finish that’s oddly attractive. So cheap too 399cdn. I’m all about short scale.i hate tight stiff string tension. I like a slinky and articulate low. I feel like a lower string tension has a lower frequency presence. Not scientifically just “the impression that I get”

8. I read somewhere here that less tension equals less overtones so you're probably right. I have a couple of short scales basses but don't like the low tension so I put on big strings.

9. Markamb1

Markamb1

Oct 24, 2018
    Oh I forgot to crash this thread as a side note about how I’m looking for an Amb1 Japanese wood reissue bass. Want to buy