1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD! Guild content

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mattbass6945, May 1, 2019.

Tags:
  1. I finally get to do this! Guild Starfire II reissue. Now to figure out what to string it with. (There's a poll in the string sub)
    20190501_182632.jpg 20190501_182730.jpg

2. BassmanM

BassmanM

Feb 17, 2011
    Hamburg, Germany
    That's a very classy looking bass, congratulations! :thumbsup:

I'd definitely put flats on it, most likely Labellas.

mattbass6945 likes this.
  3. Congratulations!

4. hieronymous

hieronymous

Nov 28, 2002
    Northern CA
    Nice! Is it black? I thought maybe it was green - those are cool. I had a red '68 SF-I - I had it strung with LaBellas - but make sure you get the medium scale set, short scale aren't long enough because of the extra space between the ball end and the saddle.

mattbass6945 likes this.
  5. shadven

shadven Twang-tastic Bass Player and Song Writer Supporting Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    I rock, therefore I am.
    6C5BEB2D-0145-4FF5-89A0-58E7EF89799C.jpeg A few months ago I bought a 1967 Starfire. I was looking at new ones, but I really wanted Cherry and I couldn’t find a new one anywhere. So, I bought the vintage with a single p/u in the neck position. I am a P-bass guy, but I wanted something light weight to play on my all-night / 3 set gigs to give me a break. I switch to the Starfire for the 3rd set. I love this bass.
    I put on RotoSound 77s flats. Those are the strings I use on my P-Basses. They feel and sound great on the Guild. The Guild has a great warm sound, nice thump for country and rock. It’s a blast to play!
    Congrats!

6. None more black!

7. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

i like the black black black black black! :D

great looking ax --- i know it's going to be fun to play! congratulations on your new instrument! :thumbsup:

8. Mustang Surly

Mustang Surly

Jul 10, 2013
    Welcome, ye who have discovered the True Path.

shadven likes this.
  9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 26, 2021