1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD: Hair metal is back sucka!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tommygunn, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Tommygunn

Tommygunn

Nov 8, 2008
    Houston, Tx
    After a week of waiting on UPS she is here!!!

It actually has a really good funk/motown sound with the flats. It is buzzy so with the tone up I get steve harris clack!! Score!

Anyways, sorry for the bad pic. My dad took the pic with the blackberry, real pics to come. Had to get a quick one, I know you guys.

Anyways, Enjoy!

IMG00065-20100417-1412.

2. nice! I have one too, almost exactly the same, but my head nut is a bit different. I bet yours is a year or two later model than mine. I have flats on her too. Mine has the strap button right on the body, soap bar pickups. Are those soapbars on yours? They look kinda like J's from the pic.

3. Buchada Azeda

Buchada Azeda

Mar 25, 2009
    Brazil
    Congrats!

4. Yes! finally my hair is fashionable!

Sweet bass man

5. mikeddd

mikeddd

Nov 12, 2009
    San Antonio, TX
    Ya'know, it really warms my heart to see today's younger generation talking and PLAYING Mowtown and Metal (odd combination to non-bass players, but we know better). That you know when you hear "Steve Harris Clack" is just icing on the cake, my friend. :)

Soul/Funk/Mowtown bass sounds came to being in the 60's/70's/early 80's. Classic Metal bass sounds were all 80's...even the latter was before your birthdate. That you wanna rock'em all speaks volumes about your coolness factor. It's way off the scale, man. Keep rockin'!

6. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    Neat bass.

7. Tommygunn

Tommygunn

Nov 8, 2008
    Houston, Tx
    Soaps... I'm thinking about barts, as I'm the biggest EMG fan. The nut has a single ball adaptor on it, aftermarket.

Thanks

:rolleyes::eek::D

It's funny, I was going between (faux) maiden lines and keepin it on the 1 (my Bootsy inspired improv lines) and black sabboth lines everytime!

It was:
    Funk
    Metal
    Funk
    Metal

ect ect haha great bass!

8. DERECOLA

DERECOLA

Aug 21, 2006
    PA
    nice....

9. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    Spirits have super resale value.

10. Tommygunn

Tommygunn

Nov 8, 2008
    Houston, Tx
    If you'r joking... I don't care. :D I got it really really cheap and will never get rid of it. I have a hard time getting rid of stuff, even really useless crap! :p

11. My very first bass was a Steinberger knockoff by Cort. I have kind of a warm spot for those headless basses, though these days I prefer to have a big, heavy head on the end of the neck. I sold it about 10 or 15 years ago, I guess. I don't really keep basses much longer than about a decade, for some reason.

12. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Rock on, Brother Tommy....Rock on !

Congrats !

13. thwump64

thwump64

Feb 2, 2010
    Oshawa, ON
    Nice. If you ever wanna get rid of it... :ninja:

14. king_biscuit

king_biscuit Supporting Member

May 21, 2006
    US
    Nice, but that is not really a hair metal bass. Eighties pop and progressive rock yes, hair metal not really

15. Very cool. I've always wanted to try one of those.

16. Tommygunn

Tommygunn

Nov 8, 2008
    Houston, Tx
    They are a pretty sweet design

I will... *epicly bowing head

Never!

It was the jist of it... :D

For sub-$400 it is a great bass! (Got it for way way sub-$400)

17. Tommygunn

Tommygunn

Nov 8, 2008
    Houston, Tx
    DSCN0082.
    DSCN0081.
    DSCN0080.
    DSCN0086.
    DSCN0089.
    DSCN0088.

18. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    That may be the first time I've seen someone make a Steiny look big :D Looks nice- the furniture behind your couch looks pretty swell too.

19. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    Not kidding. I've seen them sell used higher than the original purchase price.

20. Tommygunn

Tommygunn

Nov 8, 2008
    Houston, Tx

Wow thats mega sexy... doubt I'll ever sell it though! :rolleyes: