1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD! - Happy Birthday to Me

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by birdman14, Apr 24, 2015.

1. birdman14

birdman14

Feb 7, 2011
    Boston
    After looking for about 6 months, I finally found the perfect 4 stringer for me. I've realized that my favorite basses, aesthetically, are 70s fenders. There's something about block, binding, and natural/dark colors that appeals to me. That's why, when I found this bass, I was so excited!

It's a humble Lakland Slyline DJ4, made in 2008. It's seems to be one of the last Korean made skylines, with a serial of 0805****. After setting it up to my liking, I couldn't tear myself away from it. Of all the Jazz basses I've had the chance to play, this ranks as one of the lightest, and nicest playing. The pickups are Laklands own, and have a great bite to them. Being used to my musicmaster w/ chromes on it, this has a completely different feel to it. I can still kind of get a p tone out of it, this thing shines with the bridge pickup favored, and the tone almost all the way on.

Anyway, enough of my yapping, because everyone cares about the pictures. I'm certainly happy to oblige.

image. image. image. image. image.

2. LowEndOperative

LowEndOperative ✓ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ Supporting Member

Oct 8, 2013
    Michigan
    Very nice.

3. garp

garp

Feb 7, 2009
    Connecticut USA
    Sweet. HBD and HNBD.

4. FrenchBassQC

FrenchBassQC Supporting Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Gatineau QC CA
    Happy birthday and enjoy the new bass, it looks like it will be a busy next couple of decades....

5. theduke1

theduke1 Supporting Member

Dec 22, 2010
    Manitowoc WI
    Very nice Happy Birthday to you!

6. birdman14

birdman14

Feb 7, 2011
    Boston
    Thanks everyone! I have A feeling it'll be receiving more than its fair share of playing time for the foreseeable future.

7. That is sharp!! Love the matching headstock.

8. Holy Hell!! That's very nice...drool

9. Very nice - love the black w/matching headstock and blocks. Classy looking - congrats.

10. .BumeStik.

.BumeStik.

Jul 15, 2012
    Gilbert, AZ
    Very Nice! Congrats! :bassist: