1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD - Hofner HCT-500/1 Violin Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mfbolton, Nov 30, 2015.

1. mfbolton

mfbolton Supporting Member

Oct 30, 2007
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Ordered this from Sweetwater on Black Friday. They had a great deal going on this Flat Black variant, $488 with a hard shell case. Just too good a deal and I couldn't resist getting a black bass on Black Friday.

She showed up today. After letting the box acclimate to the temperature inside, I opened her up. The case is nice. Not amazing, but nice. The bass looks amazing! Even the quality photos from Sweetwater below don't do it justice. I will try to get some natural light photos later this week when the sun comes out. Played pretty good straight out of the box. I did end up raising the action a bit. Plugged it into my little Fender Rumble 100 combo. Lots of good tones. I'm looking forward to taking it to church rehearsal on Wednesday.

I'll try to get a video and some audio recorded soon.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Peacefrog35 and 1stnamebassist like this.
  2. Peacefrog35

Peacefrog35

Dec 26, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Congrats! They are great basses and that price was phenomenal. Enjoy!

3. FranF

FranF Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Northeastern PA
    Smokin' deal....

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 7, 2021