NBD I finally did it!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by quindecima, Jul 8, 2019.

1. quindecima

quindecima Inactive

Sep 18, 2016
    Walterville, Oregon
    I ordered a Warmoth today, I have been threatening to do it for months but finally got up the courage. I have all of the hardware boxed up and the Bass wont be ready for 8-10 weeks but I will keep everybody posted, some may like it and some may dislike it. Swamp ash, Two Bart BC's, Sadowsky Pre. dinky P, Jazz neck. Birdseye maple/Rosewood, G6150 frets, rear route, green dye on body and headstock. Gloss body and headstock, Satin neck, Hipshot A, LaBella flats. How much better can it get? NOT freaking cheap over a grand.

2. lowendblues

lowendblues Supporting Member

Oct 8, 2004
    Ohio
    I dunno, sounds cool to me. Pics when its done!

3. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    That’s not a new bass day you tease!

Plectrum72 and matante like this.
  4. quindecima

quindecima Inactive

Sep 18, 2016
    Walterville, Oregon
    I couldn't find a slot for a 'having a Bass made day'

mikewalker and ObsessiveArcher like this.
  5. Warmoth stuff is simply fantastic. A little over a year ago i ordered my first neck and body to make an early 50s style P bass. There wasn't even a tiny flaw to be found anywhere

danster likes this.
  6. Paulabass

Paulabass

Sep 18, 2017
    Although not technically NBD until you can plug it in AND photograph it, I'm glad you took the plunge, and we are all waiting for it's arrival.

7. quindecima

quindecima Inactive

Sep 18, 2016
    Walterville, Oregon
    I also am waiting with baited breath

8. danster

danster Supporting Member

Jul 13, 2007
    Connecticut, USA
    Would love to see a picture of your warmoth!

9. Here was my NBD thread
    NBD (Warmoth content)

danster and MYLOWFREQ like this.
  10. AboutSweetSue

AboutSweetSue

Sep 29, 2018
    My Warmoth is extremely, EXTREMELY worth every penny I spent on it.

bordinco90 likes this.
  11. bordinco90

bordinco90

Dec 7, 2011
    SW Louisiana
    Congrats. Glad you finally took the plunge. I have 2 Warmoth P Basses and I love em dearly. Worth every penny. You will be getting a high quality MIA product, better than most MIA Fenders IMO. Can't wait to see the finished product.

12. MYLOWFREQ

MYLOWFREQ Supporting Member

May 13, 2011
    Congrats, but you're cheating.. This is Almost NBD. :)

13. danster

danster Supporting Member

Jul 13, 2007
    Connecticut, USA
  14. quindecima

quindecima Inactive

Sep 18, 2016
    Walterville, Oregon
    Well, I screwed up big time. I didn't order 24 frets and now its too late to add that to the invoice. I have to cough up 25% and its another 8-10 weeks. Life can deal some hard blows but I'll get over it.

15. James Collins

James Collins

Mar 25, 2017
    Augusta, GA
    My condolences. I guess you are ordering your own custom parts instead of the in stock things.

Are they doing the finish on the body too? That is where you save the most money I find, but guitar finishing is the most painful part of a build for me.

16. quindecima

quindecima Inactive

Sep 18, 2016
    Walterville, Oregon
    Yeah, I ordered a custom body and neck and they are also doing the finish, I knew I couldn't do that worth a darn.

17. James Collins

James Collins

Mar 25, 2017
    Augusta, GA
    I'm personally too impatient. Waiting for days for the paint and lacquer to dry is beyond me.

18. Valsmere

Valsmere Gold Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2018
    southern NJ
    I love mine I am sure you will absolutely love your! Pics when you can please!

19. Axtman

Axtman Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    Did you tell your wife?

20. Waiting 5 weeks for my fretless neck was pure torture. I wouldn’t be able to wait another 8-10...

EFB74B7D-AC03-4E4B-96CE-D13EA7B2D395.jpg

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 28, 2021