1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD , I keep buying them Fender P content

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by A-Step-Towards, Apr 22, 2010.

1. I put in a bid on this and one a USA Standard P bass on ebay For 479$ Shipped seems like a pretty decent deal although it looks pretty worn, either way with something like this i get a decent player, good trade bait or a bass i can sell easy.

Anyways here it is in its hagard horrible photo form , it will get a tear down and cleaned up when i get it.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120557356430&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

2. the art guy

the art guy Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2008
    Iowa
    Man, that thing looks like it was rode hard & put away wet. I'd say if it plays well then your price was about right, but not quite as smokin' of a deal as I thought from the initial post.

Anyway, hope it's a good one.

3. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    I like it. As long as all the parts work and it doesn't need a fret job I'd say Score! Grats

4. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Dig.

5. Yeah its not that crazy of a deal for the shape its in but i figured at the dollar amount i paid it was worth the risk and if it comes more thrashed then described i'll ask for a partial refund , or post it for 480$ on craigs and it will sell.

6. heb9_28

heb9_28

Jul 1, 2009
    Cleveland, Ohio
    I like it.

...as long as it plays.

7. Dark Horse

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Takes a lot to kill a P Bass...I wouldn't worry much. Give it a good clean up and adjustment and it'll probably be just fine.

8. Your right, i cant see much being wrong unless the frets were gone but i find that unlikely and would have expected the seller to mention it.

Maybe i should grab some flats:ninja:

9. Dark Horse

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX

:D