NBD: I seem to have a growing insect problem... (Modulus content)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tim Cole, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Prime reason to check Reverb daily for what you like. I wasn't even in the market for another Flea.....this past winter I bought an all original 97 which checked all the boxes....all original with the original Lane Poor modulus branded pickup, rare metal neck plate, bart preamp (I swapped for an aguilar), BA2 bridge and in as close to mint condition as it gets for 21 years old. It looks wonderful in black too....but I did always kind of miss the sparkle finishes.

So this happened....within an hour of listing this one popped up. All original 97 - Lane Poor, Bart preamp, Gotoh 201 and in DEAD MINT condition other than a small whitened spot in the neck next to the nut, which occurs regularly on Moduli. Upon cleaning I opened up the control cover shocked to even find the original pickup foam. My black one still had it as well, but if I had to guess.....this blue one still had the original battery in it! Duracell "Best used before 2002". Hell I probably just threw away the original strings.

I've had several fleas over the years....but NONE of them rip like the original first year or two. I really don't know what the market is on the early ones like these. I have only seen two clean original ones show up online in the past 2-3 years.....and I bought both of them at undisputable great deals. I've had several era Fleas....but nothing touches the early models IMO.

Pumped!
    20180723_184828.jpg 20180723_200004.jpg 20180723_200218.jpg 20180723_200334.jpg 20180723_214845.jpg 20180723_214902.jpg 20180723_214915.jpg

2. Resonance129

Resonance129

Feb 15, 2011
    Purgatory
    Nice one.
    That neck looks really cool.
    I don't know a ton about the Modulus Flea basses. Gotta look em up, now.

3. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Thanks!

Hang onto your ass checking prices, they have gone pretty insane the past few years. IMO, they are worth the cost as much as any other bass in that price range (even at current new prices). Keep your eyes peeled for deals, they pop up once in a while....and I am DONE buying them up lol

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 24, 2021