1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NBD - Ibanez ATK 300 Red Sparkle

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FingerDub, Oct 9, 2017.

1. FingerDub

FingerDub Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2016
    I've been looking for one of these for a while, and with the help of @rogerbmiller, narrowed it down to the 300, for its aggressive preamp. It is a 2007, which I think is the last year these were made with this preamp before they were discontinued again. This is the only Ibanez I've ever wanted, mainly cause I like bigger necks and don't like the SG basses. A few firsts for me, my first maple board in 20 years of playing and my first bass that is a color other than sunburst, black, white or natural.

This is pretty beefy coming in at 11.5 lbs. The neck is fairly MM like, bass is a tank, no crackling and VERY clean tones coming off the pickup. All 3 positions are usable. Rolled fretboard edges feel really nice and you can see this was a well built bass.

I thought the white PG was too much, so I took it off. In our studio when it is dim with a few lights, it looks like a dark crimson and the sparkle reflection is awesome. I know this is going to look great on stage. 20171007_174229. 20171007_174244. 20171007_174321. phbbtzk5bvfhqmvk9cmf.

2. Mark76

Mark76

Dec 1, 2015
    Leicester
    YES, YES, YES...

SO MUCH YES!!!! :woot:

FingerDub likes this.
  3. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    You can’t go wrong with an ATK!