1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NBD: Ibanez BTB

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Meridian69, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Meridian69

Meridian69

May 28, 2012
    Denver, CO
    So I have been playing bass for a little while now, and started out a little different than most with an Ibanez GSR206. After about 4 months of playing, I sold that and upgraded to an Ibanez SR506. Unfortunately, most of the lessons that can be found online and Ed Friedland's excellent books are all written for the 4 string bass. So I started looking around for a new 4 string bass that I could use to help me better learn the bass. I came across a deal on eBay about 6 months ago for an Ibanez BTB570FM. It was in excellent condition and came with a hard shell case. I made an offer on it, got it, and was very happy when it showed up.

Fast forward over those 8 months, and I ended up faling in love with that BTB. The wider neck, the neck through design, 35" scale, the better pre-amp... and the bass just played so much better than the SR506 (to me). I found myself playing the BTB more and more and the SR less. I did miss those 6 strings, and the ability to run 2-3 octive scales. So I started GASing for an Ibanez BTB 6 string. Well last week I pulled the on an Ibanez BTB776PB and today it arrived!

Here she is in all her crappy cell phone pic glory!
    temporary_zps09c381b4.

temporary_zps05b65447.

And here is a pic with her little sister that started me down the BTB path.
    temporary_zps72557c3a.

I have only had a few hours to play her, but the BTB776 is all I hoped for so far. I am finding the string spacing much better for me and I love how she sounds and feels. I hope this cures any bass GAS for now... until I upgrade my amp this summer fall. :bassist:

2. Draculea

Draculea

Oct 2, 2011
    Mexico City
    That is a killer bass! I've been GASsing for one of those for some time now, but dn't have the dough yet. Congrats, and enjoy it to the fullest!

3. Wallace320

Wallace320 Commercial User

Mar 19, 2012
    Milan, Italy
    The color is very close to the 776 you just bought, but with maple fingerboard (rare to say the least) then... within the end of the year, I'm plannin' a brand new Btb1405e Premium.

I know how you're feelin' thanks to the 35" scale... maybe not a dealbreaker (yet) but very very comfortable and pro to play

Congrats my friend

I'll follow your path

Cheers,
    Wallace

4. Thomas Kievit

Thomas Kievit Guest

May 19, 2012
    Beautiful! Congrats on both basses! :bassist:

5. Cyborg

Cyborg

Jul 7, 2007
    Lowcountry, SC
    Congratulations!

That is a beautiful burl top! What a wide looking neck too.

6. songwriter21

songwriter21 I have an obsession for wood. The musical kind. Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2005
    Sponsored by Hipshot
    Very cool, bro...congrats! UPS is delivering one for me tomorrow!