1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD: Ibanez BTB845V

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jazz4Me, May 10, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Jazz4Me

Jazz4Me Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2018
    Central Illinois
    Ibanez BTB845V 33 inch scale E to high C

IMG_0346 (1).

Just picked it up from the dealer for the second time. It came in on Tuesday, I had it in my hands for long enough to find a few issues that needed to be corrected and took it back the next day for some nut work. I had terrible buzzing on a few open strings when fretting the low E.

I had the dealer check it and see if he came to the same conclusion I did (The nut was not slotted correctly and did not produce enough downward force on the zero fret thus causing a buzz). The only reason I found it was because I bought the bass to explore chordal playing, if I had stuck to single note runs I probably wouldn't have found it so fast.

Now the quest for an appropriate gig bag. Had to add a rolled up towel to the bottom of my Mono M80 but I'm thinking Gator Pro GO or Transit case because they appear to have a movable neck support. It's that another M80 with towel as permanent padding.

Any other suggestions?

Dr. Cheese likes this.
  2. Aidil

Aidil

Dec 4, 2014
    Jkt, IDN
    So did the nut slots come too tight causing the strings were not seating on the slots' bottom correctly or was the overall nut bottom had to be scraped to lower it?

3. Jazz4Me

Jan 21, 2018
    Central Illinois
    It was the slots. Still have a slight issue with one string so I'll have the dealer revisit that slot. It was unplayable before and the fret (zero fret) noise is now very minor on the one string and only occurs when I use an aggressive attack. playing chords or 10ths on the adjacent strings.

Aidil likes this.
  4. juggahnaught

juggahnaught

Feb 11, 2018
    The vertigo or the new mono stealth has the newer headlock system which may fit your neck width. I think the stealth is slimmer than the vertigo.

Congrats on the bass!

Dr. Cheese likes this.
  5. Aidil

Aidil

Dec 4, 2014
    Jkt, IDN
    hope you could get it fixed soon.

As much I'm a fan of Mono products (I own their M80 Classic Elec. Guitar, M80 Vertigo Elec. Guitar, M80 Classic Elec. Bass, and M80 Dual Elec.Bass) and in fact I also have an interest on the new M80 Stealth, still I wouldn't recommend the Stealth for a bass like the BTB which has an angled back headstock. The neck support in a slimline gigbag like the Stealth (or also the Sleeve) isn't thick enough to prevent headstock injury for an angled back headstock guitar/bass in case of the gigbag fell and landed on its back.

juggahnaught likes this.
  6. Jazz4Me

Jan 21, 2018
    Central Illinois
    After two trips back to the dealer, we identified a number of high frets and still couldn't eliminate the rattle so back to Ibanez it goes.