1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NBD - Ibanez Content Inside!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rydin4lifebass, Mar 9, 2018.

1. After a few recent posts about Ibanez serial numbers, model numbers, and discussing some things in the ATK club, this baby arrived today. This makes it bass #10 for me, and my third Ibanez. It's a 2013 ATK in natural finish. It needs to be cleaned a bit, a new battery and strings, and a setup, but it looks great other than that.

I was planning on going BEAD with D'Addario XLs, but now I'm contemplating standard tuning with the XL's.....For comparison I have 3 Fender Jazz basses in standard tuning with D'Addario tapewounds, two Squier Jazz basses in standard tuning with D'Addario tapewounds, an Ibanez SR 300 in standard tuning with D'Addario tapewounds, an Ibanez SRX 300 tuned BEAD with D'Addario tapewounds, a Squier VM 70's Jazz in BEAD with D'Addario XL's, and a Silvertone Revolver P bass in standard tuning with D'Addario XL's.

Untitled. 20180309_123826. 20180309_123900. 20180309_123910.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
    Abner, bholder and sgl like this.
  2. UNICORN BASS

UNICORN BASS

Feb 10, 2016
    Michigan USA
    MIC, that's a surprise to me. I thought the early ones were MIK and the later ones MII. Nice!

3. Both of my other Ibanez basses are MII so I was surprised to see the Chinese made ATK, but I've learned there are a lot of them out there!