NBD: Ibanez EHB1005MS BKF

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by therealacameron, Mar 15, 2020.

1. I picked up this recently and it's a killer bass!
    Honestly the first bass I've enjoyed that's not a Music Man.

full.jpg
    full.jpg
    full.jpg
    full.jpg
    full.jpg

2. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    Looks killer!

3. Aidil

Aidil

Dec 4, 2014
    Jkt, IDN
    Hi there, fellow EHB owner...

So, you are a sevenstring player too?

4. I'm over there occasionally, usually in the Bass section

5. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Nice bass!

6. protegeV

protegeV

Mar 1, 2020
    DFW
    Wow, that thing looks KILLER. Congrats!

7. Small tone test

8. malpasso

malpasso

Apr 24, 2005
    Great sound and playing!
    were you already acquainted with fanned frets?

9. Thank you!
    I owned a Dingwall NG3 that I never really gelled with

malpasso likes this.
  10. nismodan

nismodan

May 28, 2019
    Kinda of a bizarre request, but would you mind measuring the overall length of the instrument for us?
    Every video seems to say that they'll fit in a "standard electric guitar" gig bag/case, but I can't find an actual measurement listed anywhere.

Many thanks, and killer axe!

11. Aidil

Aidil

Dec 4, 2014
    Jkt, IDN
    Not to hijack @therealacameron thread, but I've shown that I use my Mono M80 Vertigo Electric Guitar as replacement of the flappy bag that came with my EHB1005MS on my EHB1005MS thread, though I haven't measured the exact length of it.

nismodan likes this.
  12. It came in an Ibanez premium guitar gig bag so any guitar gig bag should work

13. nismodan

nismodan

May 28, 2019
    Mono lists that case as 41.5" overall, so that should help. Thank you!
    Posting the spec here in case anyone else is curious. Mods feel free to delete if it's out of place.

Aidil likes this.
  14. Aidil

Aidil

Dec 4, 2014
    Jkt, IDN
    Yeah, although IMHO, it's kinda misleading Ibanez wrote it as a premium bag.

Yup, that's about it. I also own Mono M80 Classic Electric Guitar bag (both the Classic and the Vertigo were pictured to fit instrument up to 41.5" tall). I use them with my short 30" scale Ibanez bass (besides my electric guitar, obviously). Now both can be use also for the EHB.

I'm thinking of getting Mono latest M80 bag called the Stealth, which is like the slimmer version of the Vertigo. It is pictured to have similar internal dimension with thinner profile and it actually could fit up to 42" tall instrument. Logically, it should fit the EHB also. Reason for thinking of the Stealth, is because being a headless bass, the EHB only have a small shaped headstock, which isn't angled towards the back. So, it doesn't require a thick neck support provided by the M80 Classic and Vertigo, which made them to have overall thicker dimensions.

15. I always assumed it was because of the Premium line, not that it was a premium bag haha

nuage420b likes this.
  16. Aidil

Aidil

Dec 4, 2014
    Jkt, IDN
    I thought so too... since in current Ibanez bass numbering scheme, a model that carries numbers of thousands means that it belongs to the Premium line.

17. Standalone

Standalone

Jan 17, 2005
    New Haven
    Very nice! That three finger technique is so different it throws me when I’m watching — great playing and tone.

I’m a vintage Ibanez fan but really want one of these.

18. Doggy79

Doggy79

Feb 23, 2017
    Finland
    Nice looks and maybe my new bass too. How is the neck profile on this one? I have two SR series bases and the neck is so comfortable. Are you able to use normal strings or do they have to be superlongs?

19. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    The EHB series is one of the nicest things Ibanez has come up with in years. OP, enjoy that great bass!

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021