1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NBD - Ibanez SR2605ECBB

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Basehead, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Basehead

Basehead Now with even more synthy goodness...

Jan 3, 2008
    New York NY
    Ok, I really didn't NEED this bass, but man did I want it after seeing pics earlier this year. I'm a fan of the Ibanez Premium line with the Nordstrand Big Singles, so I knew I would like this.

For years I'd been wanting an older SR655PB since I'm a fan of the Blue Moon finish and Soundgears in general. I found one on Reverb earlier this year but unfortunately it was damaged in transit (Reverb TOTALLY took care of the return shipping and full refund). I did get a chance to play it before shipping back and to be honest, I wasn't blown away but the feel or the sound. The 2605 is in another class compared to the older 655, IMHO.

Delivered this morning from Sweetwater (Thank you, Shelby!) one day ahead of schedule...love it when that happens!

I ordered a case with it so here's both boxes after FedEx delivery:
    20181126_111739.

Case:
    20181126_112821.

...and here's the unboxing pics of the bass:
    20181126_112935.
    20181126_112943.
    20181126_113916.
    20181126_114132.
    20181126_114143.

Got it in my music room and set it up how I like (the SW setup was fine, I'm just REALLY particular with how I like my instruments to play). Gave her a really good look over and it oozes quality. Plugged in it sounds similar to my SR5SMLTD, just a bit darker, which I dig. Very happy with this purchase!

2. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    central NY state
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    That's a stunner! drool

BBassBassington and Basehead like this.
  3. campbems

campbems Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    The prettiest Ibanez they’ve made in years. How is the B string on that bass? How does build compare to other premiums you’ve played?

BBassBassington and phillipkregg like this.
  4. Basehead

Jan 3, 2008
    New York NY
    Hey @campbems ...I was just playing it now and the B on this sounds tight and full...I'm really feeling the body resonate (in a good way) when playing notes on the B. Not flabby at all and I lowered the action quite a bit.

5. campbems

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    I’ve been waiting to hear from some in this bass as it truly is gorgeous and my favorite color. May have to talk to Sweetwater lol

Spidey2112 likes this.
  6. Basehead

Jan 3, 2008
    New York NY
    It really is pretty and I may need to go full on your style and order some custom D-Cline knobs for it....

campbems likes this.
  7. tfer

tfer

Jan 1, 2014
    Beautiful.

I bought the same case for my new SRMS806. Great quality.

Basehead likes this.
  8. campbems

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    @Basehead
    If it plays and sounds as good as she looks that would put it over the top. He’s the best at what he does. This is the set he just made for my Custom Devon.
    58BE1504-B7FB-413D-A039-1DD5E9208355.

9. Aidil

Aidil

Dec 4, 2014
    Jkt, IDN
    gorgeous!!! Congrats.

I'm guessing you wouldn't use the powerpad gigbag, but how is it? Does it have neck support?

basslifter and Basehead like this.
  10. Basehead

Jan 3, 2008
    New York NY
    @Aidil no neck support. The gigbag is quite flimsy and I'd only use it for temporary storage or for quick transport to and from the car. On the plus side, it does have a few pockets (but not very deep).

tfer likes this.
  11. Aidil

Aidil

Dec 4, 2014
    Jkt, IDN
    So, the gigbag isn't really protecting.

I wonder why they've decided to give that kind of gigbag instead of their usual semi hardcase for the Premium line.

12. Wowza that's a stunning bass! That top wood is simply awesome - many congrats!

I've also got my 2 best Ibby's in the MB300C hardshell case which are pretty nice with a great fit. I don't care for gig bags, and had the same flimsy gig bag come with a Premium SR1300 that was returned, but if I kept it - I would have gotten the hardshell for it.

tfer and Basehead like this.
  13. wintremute

wintremute mediocrity at its finest

Oct 16, 2014
    Vegas
    Endorsing Artist: Langstrom Carrot Farms
    Ditto!

Spidey2112 and Basehead like this.
  14. Basehead

Jan 3, 2008
    New York NY
    Yeah, the one they included is the IBB540-BK. Yes, surprised they would give a premium bass the lowest version of the Powerpad gigbag....it's all good since I'm really enjoying the bass!

15. el murdoque

el murdoque

Mar 10, 2013
    Germany
    I am more of a btb fan and don't like the neck of the sr.
    But this easily is the most stunning sr I've ever seen.
    Beautiful.

basslifter and Basehead like this.
  16. TL23NC

TL23NC

May 22, 2015
    Raleigh NC
    Wow- that's quite a beautiful instrument! Reminds me of some of the nebula images you see from telescopes. I'm a huge Ibby fan, too. I hope you enjoy it.

tfer and Basehead like this.
  17. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

it looks so great...! what a beautiful piece. congratulations on your new instrument! :thumbsup:

18. tommyr01

tommyr01 Simma Down Nah ! Gold Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2004
    Tucson, AZ, USA
    That is gorgeous !!!!!!!!!!! ..... and I love the case... what model case is that ?

BBassBassington and Basehead like this.
  19. hypercarrots

hypercarrots

Jan 28, 2009
    los angeles
    MB300C. i read the box.

20. tommyr01

tommyr01 Simma Down Nah ! Gold Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2004
    Tucson, AZ, USA
    Sweet !!! thank you !!!!..... that is a great case !!!!

hypercarrots, Basehead and Spidey2112 like this.