1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NBD....Ibanez SR5BBLTD Buckeye Burl Goodness

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by campbems, Mar 22, 2017.

1. campbems

campbems Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    I found this NOS Ibanez SR5BBLTD at a steal of a price and jumped on it. I've owned several Ibanez Premium basses in the past and have loved all of them. They are hard to beat for the price. This was the bass Ibanez used in their photo shoot when they released these basses. IMG_0692.JPG IMG_0691.JPG IMG_0693.JPG IMG_0694.JPG IMG_0695.JPG IMG_0112.JPG IMG_0112_1.JPG IMG_0113.JPG IMG_0515.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  2. RyanJD

RyanJD

Apr 19, 2011
    Iowa
    Yes! That is gorgeous. I've got an SR1205e and once I realized how much I enjoyed it, I've had eyes for the Burl model ever since. Particularly the Poplar, but the Buckeye is awesome. I love the matching pickup covers.

campbems likes this.
  3. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

May 30, 2006
    That is a beauty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drool:

Gawd, I'd love one in 4-string!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

campbems and fender68 like this.
  4. Basehead

Basehead Now with even more synthy goodness... Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2008
    New York NY
    WHAT?!? That thing is amazing! Nice to see you back in the SR family.

campbems likes this.
  5. campbems

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    @Basehead
    I've always been a Premium and Prestige Ibanez lover. I found a deal I couldn't pass up on one of the nicest looking Premiums I've seen. I had to buy it, At least that's what I told my wife lol.

6. Wicked G

Wicked G

Jan 19, 2017
    Far West Texas
    Now that is a pretty bass. Kind of reminds me of the MTD Kingston Z 4 I was looking at last year. Enjoy the bass, I know I would. drool

campbems likes this.
  7. DevinWard369

DevinWard369 Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Utah
    I wanna see that whole Wenge neck!

fmachia and campbems like this.
  8. fmachia

fmachia

Nov 19, 2012
    Argentina
    Wow, that baby is blindingly beautiful. I second the request for more neck pics! drool

campbems and DevinWard369 like this.
  9. walldaja

walldaja

Apr 27, 2011
    A beauty!

10. campbems

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    This is the best Ibanez Oremium I've owned out of the 8-9 I've had. I've contacted Devin from D-Cline designs to make some custom wood Knobs to match the bass. He is the guy who made all the wood covers for this bass series and the Ibanez SRSMLTD series to. Very nice bass.

IMG_0535.JPG IMG_0536.JPG

11. campbems

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    Took some pics outside of this beauty.

IMG_0528.JPG IMG_0530.JPG IMG_0531.JPG IMG_0532.JPG IMG_0533.JPG IMG_0534.JPG

boamedt likes this.