1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD! Ibanez SR605 - Early Present

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Quantized Harmonic, Dec 22, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Hey everyone, I recieved this bass two days ago and I'm quite chuffed and happy myself. I must disclaim first and on an awesome note that my Dad bought this for me. This isn't taken for granted, and I have to find some way to make something up for him another day. Thank you so much Dad!

I hope my brother didn't mind me using his bed for setup :)

Some nice Kalium strings, BH-142-5BS set.

The bass.

2. Gilmourisgod

Gilmourisgod

Jun 23, 2014
    Cape Cod MA
    Nice present! Love SR's. That's a pro-level bass for a decent price. Keep your eyes and ears open around your Dad, what he would appreciate as a gift may not be a material thing, maybe helping out on a home improvement project?

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
    Quantized Harmonic and Neil2094 like this.
  3. 12BitSlab

12BitSlab Gold Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2016
    Beautiful! I am sure you will love you new Ibanez as much as I love mine!

P.S. Dads can be pretty good guys sometimes.

Quantized Harmonic likes this.
  4. scuzzy

scuzzy

Feb 15, 2006
    Troy, MO
    love it. been shopping ibanez basses recently for fun, it appears their prices have increased significantly, especially with the various models they had in the 80's-90's.

5. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Pops bought my first bass (a Silvertone hunk of junk in a starter pack), then I "financed" my first real Fender through him when I was 14ish. Paid it off weekly in allowance, plus birthday money and stuff. He ended up getting into music himself so we could play together, and still do ~10 years later.

Nice looking axe man, I love the SR basses. Wish the headstock was beefier, but still beauts.

Quantized Harmonic likes this.