1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NBD: In The Year 2000....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Relsom, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Relsom

Relsom Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2013
    The Old Dominion
    I took this in on trade the other day and totally awestruck by it. 2000 Fender Am Series Jazz Deluxe. It's funky and gunky but it's 8lbs. even and plays and sounds incredible.

I don't normally consider myself a Jazz guy but this is one of those basses that is hard to put down. ZERO dead spots and hangs on a strap right where you put it.

The first photo is from the previous owner and shows it's actual color, trans green. My photos somehow show it a blue.... something I gotta work on.

Interestingly, the only other Jazz that I have and have kept all these years is another Y2K Am Series that I bought brand new.
    imagejpeg_0. 20190314_083746. 20190314_083800. Resized_20190310_194440_5979. 20190314_083833.

geof_, Spidey2112, kbakerde and 25 others like this.
  2. jd56hawk

jd56hawk

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    Looks much better than the typical black, white, burst, CAR or natural J basses, that's for sure!

lowdownthump, NoSlapForYou and Relsom like this.
  3. Relsom

Relsom Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2013
    The Old Dominion
    I agree. Trans green is one of my favorites. Those abalone inlays match really well with it. I have a Millennium Plus done up in the same color with the abalones AND has a matching headstock.

NoSlapForYou and jd56hawk like this.
  4. Drop the tort and replace with a pearloid and that bass will be a real looker!
    Fishheadjoe

Gluvhand, Woofer, PWRL and 2 others like this.
  5. It’s a beauty either way... but damn those pictures are making of that dress that went viral....

6. Relsom

Relsom Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2013
    The Old Dominion
    You know... I was looking at that pg too, wondering what to do with it.. My trans red one came with white new, so I'm thinking this one did too. But the tort looks like it's been on there for a long time. Thanks for the suggestion.

7. Relsom

Relsom Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2013
    The Old Dominion
    Huh?!?!?

NoSlapForYou likes this.
  8. My typing threw that. Years ago there was a black and blue dress someone was selling. Some thought it was white and gold....

kbakerde and NoSlapForYou like this.
  9. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

It's amazing how much the appearance of a finish can change from one picture to the next. All the best with your new bass, rock it hard! :bassist:

Relsom likes this.
  10. Relsom

Relsom Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2013
    The Old Dominion
    Ahhh, kind of like that Yanni & Laurel pitch shift trick that was going around a while back.

NoSlapForYou and Microbass like this.
  11. spufman

spufman

Feb 7, 2005
    Central CT
    My '01 trans green had a mint guard. I like the tort, personally. Very nice bass indeed!

Fenwick and Relsom like this.
  12. woodyng2

woodyng2 Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Oregon Coast
    8 lbs for a Jazz bass is pretty amazing.
    Great looking bass,i really prefer the unbound/rosewood dot necks on these,myself.

Relsom likes this.
  13. Low84

Low84 Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2014
    LOVE the color, especially with the red tort guard.

Fenwick likes this.
  14. Actually pretty cool!

15. rocu

rocu

Jan 28, 2015
    Missoula, MT
    I like the blue.

16. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Nice! That was still when Deluxe Js had the smaller body, right?

Also,

[​IMG]

17. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    … that is probably because the actual color is Teal Green Transparent (over ash), paint code is 48 … I think they ran that color from about '99 up to '03/4 range ;)

Edit to add: … the more I thought about this color, I was thinking I might have remembered it from the earlier '90s, so I figured I better check my notes so I could stop thinking about it … but I had Teal Green Metallic for up to about '97/8, so that would have been an opaque finish, not transparent, and it had a different paint code of 45 ...

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
    Relsom likes this.
  18. JIO

JIO Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 30, 2010
    Oceana (Pacifica) CA
    musician/artist/owner - Gildaxe
    Those are cool 22 fret string-thru Jazz basses and at 8lbs - score! :thumbsup:

woodyng2 likes this.
  19. Very nice! If it weren't for the wood grain on the upper horn I'd accuse you of fibbing about it being the same bass based off of the way it changes color in different light. Happy NBD!

20. Relsom

Relsom Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2013
    The Old Dominion
    I emailed Fender requesting the info sheet on this bass. Hopefully they're still doing that.