1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NBD-ish: Fender Standard Precision MIM

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Interius, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Interius

Interius

Sep 27, 2012
    Norway
    It's been a long time since I've posted or even lurked(too busy with life and jamming in the toolshed ;)), but today I just had to make a post.

I have very recently bought back the second bass guitar I've ever owned. It's a standard mexican Precision bass produced somewhere between 2007 - 2008(Ensenada Plant, according to The Guitar Dater Project serial finder thingy)
    It's not all that standard, though. On the inside, it's the same as the day I've bought it. On the outside, however, it's been slightly modified. And by this I'm just referring to me having used sandpaper to remove most of the glossy finish several years ago, leaving a poorly finished matte surface that still looks kind.
    (Come to think of it, that "special" part might just be sentimental value:bassist:)

Enough of the technical yada-yada, you propably just wanna see the pictures in taken in poor light and shoddy quality by now. :laugh:

Here goes, an attempt to post share a photo album:
    https://goo.gl/photos/A7YW3UhWsa1CbPX86

Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
  2. Very nice! I am a fan of sunburst/black or sunburst/tort.

3. Interius

Interius

Sep 27, 2012
    Norway
    Me too! I'm considering fitting it with a tortoise pickguard after I've let my local technician have a look at it. Might get him to complete the work, making it all matte.
    It's easy to play too, considering it hasn't seen any maintenance since I sold it, and it has had two owners prior to me buying it back. I think I've made a bargain :D