NBD: It finally came to fruition!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by John Childs, Jul 3, 2022.

1. John Childs

John Childs

Oct 10, 2018
    I have been wanting a T-40 since I started playing Bass a few years ago. I have patiently searched and resigned myself that it wasn't going to happen due to price range and other market factors.
    I was getting ready to make an offer on a Yamaha BB 414 just because I liked the looks of the blade pickups and all of the excellent reviews they receive here. Before reaching out I stumbled across this buried in a FB marketplace ad for a Peavy AMP and guitar!
    The gentleman accepted my offer and I feel like I have reached the summit of my bass climb! I just wish my skills could get there as quickly!
    Happy 4th everyone!

Attached Files:

2. Snert

Snert

Oct 3, 2021
    Very good bass. I have one and just don't play 4s anymore or it would be staying.
    Have fun and there's a huge array of tones available once you work it out. There's also some YT videos and a crib sheet on them.

Be prepared for the rash of weight memes, most of which aren't original or funny.

3. garp

garp

Feb 7, 2009
    Connecticut USA
    Congrats. You are now a Blade Runner.

But I'd get the Yamaha, too. ;)

4. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    Truth...Back in the late '70s I worked in a music store that sold PV and every one of the T-40s and later T-45s sold there were very heavy including the two T-40s of mine but I was younger back then and could handle it. The T-20s came out a few years later and were a bit lighter. All three models are excellent basses and sound great. I really liked the sound of the pickup in my T-20.

Riff Ranger likes this.
  5. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2020
    Austin, TX
    Sweet score. Rock it!!!

Spidey2112 likes this.
  6. Rib 13

Rib 13 Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2006
    Home
    Congrats! I love mine and record with it often ( and mine is a natural like yours). You have the blade pickups so its 1982 or newer....if you have any questions about the electronics, I did a pretty comprehensive "Users Guide" video a few months ago on the electronics/operations (including the phase bridge coil swap)....

Link here if you are interested:
    Rib13 Bass - Peavey T-40 Bass (T-60 Guitar) Pickups/Electronics User's Guide - YouTube

Hop Jam, Geri O and DJ Bebop like this.
  7. Katoosie

Katoosie Chocolate is the best Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Sweden
    Every time I see a p40 close up pictures an image of a tank pops up in my head - this thing looks like its built like one :)
    Enjoy!!!

DJ Bebop and AudioTaper like this.
  8. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    While I congratulate you on acquiring an awesome bass, I caution you against thinking this is the "summit". Every time I thought I got to the summit, I looked up and there was another one. ;)

9. lbbc

lbbc Supporting Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Seaford , DE
    Congratulations!

10. dbsfgyd1

dbsfgyd1

Jun 11, 2012
    Mascoutah, IL
    Congrats! Looks like it’s in really good condition. Amp too! Which amp? Just asking.

11. RichSnyder

RichSnyder Columbia, MD Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    congrats!

12. gstaats

gstaats

Mar 22, 2019
    Congrats! I had a buddy that had one of those back in the day. Great basses, really a classic from that era. Enjoy! Did it come with the Peavy ohsc?

13. scuzzy

scuzzy

Feb 15, 2006
    Troy, MO
    Great patina on that one. Enjoy the plethora of passive toanz!

14. Outbush

Outbush

Nov 6, 2016
    Australia
    But be wary of false summits - many perish in search of Shangri-la...

(Well, sell favourite gear to replace it with "better" gear and forever regret it...)

Lucky Chuck and two fingers like this.
  15. Alik

Alik

Apr 13, 2013
    El Paso, TX
    Every time I see a T40 posted in TB I inevitably remember the time I went to check the bass player I was going to replace in this band. Yep, his T40 bass sounded great, the guy knew all the covers note by note, but...
    both E and A strings were out of tune :bored:
    and he played like that for two sets :banghead: :banghead:
    Congrats on your new bass! :thumbsup:

16. Yay!!!! Note: forklift not included.:D:D

Barry Vestal and Relayer71 like this.
  17. Make friends with a chiropractor.

Alik, Geddaric and Dang75 like this.
  18. Bonafide

Bonafide The Adventures Of Fusion Chicken Gold Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2002
    Central TX
    Congrats!

And don't worry about your skills... slow, steady and daily is the fast track. Just play today and enjoy the tone beast.

19. definenredefine

definenredefine Supporting Member

Mar 11, 2022
    North Carolina
    Score! What kind of amp did you get with it? Also you can find the manual for those basses on Peavey's website, in case you need it. Helps explain the um...unorthodox tone function.

20. Congratulations - what a score!
    Beautiful bass and I'm really impressed with the effort that went in to matching the grain of the different body pieces. Any idea what sort of wood it is? Looks like hardwood.
    (... I bet it's heavy ;))
    Regardless of what any of us say, enjoy your prize and play it loud and proud!

instrumentlevel and DJ Bebop like this.