1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NBD!!!! Jackson Content

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassplayerbob, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Ok, so i join a little fun side project with some friends, an 80's hair band tribute, and my jazz bass that i mainly use with my top 40 dance/funk band isnt cutting the mustard for poison and Skid Row tunes. I pop into my local GC and they are pulling from a box the new Jackson JS3 Concert series bass. So i plugged it in and walked out with it. 349.99. So i tell the sales guy that i have a 15% coupon and EVERYTHING in the bass room is excluded in the fine print. He said no problem and knocked off 50 bucks for a total of 299.99 + tax:hyper:!! SOLD. Playing this weekend so i will have a full review on it.
    Jackson2.

2. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    a lot of fellow TB'ers have them. As far as their reviews I'm sure yours will be the same :)

I just wish they had them in colors.

3. Color options would be nice. I saw the quicksilver color online but not in the stores yet.

4. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I meant Red White Blue Green...etc.
    Eh, it's their first run so maybe in a couple years like the old days.

5. I am a big fan of the older 80's stuff. Green with a maple board could be fun!

6. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Well that bass is killer! Dude!

7. Thanks! Couldn't go wrong for the price and fits perfect in my little side project.

8. Just took delivery of a JS3V Silverburst this last Friday. Loving this bass. I don't use a five string that often and for the price, I couldn't pass it up.

[​IMG]

9. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    that's the thing, they had sooooo many years of nothing, then wham...400 or less 4+5 stringers which brought Jackson back to life :)

10. I think it helped that they made the look like Jacksons again. Hated that amoeba head they had going. This is a nice addition to my 99 Kelly KB1. I'm thinking about adding a JS3 to the collection just for giggles.

Is the Concert CMG made in India too? Just wondering if you just end up getting a JS3 loaded with EMGs for $500 more. Doesn't seem worth it if that's the case.

11. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    no CMG is still leftovers from Japan, with EMG pickups/poplar body, nowhere NEAR 500 more.

12. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    oh sorry....IMO, not worth 500 more. Oh, and that is not Amoeba head..it is gumby head :)
    timthumb.
    P1010286-1.

13. Silverburst looks great! I was hoping to try mine live this past weekend but our singer came down with the flu! Oh well, sounds killer on my headphones! Lol!

14. I hear ya. My band had to cancel practice this weekend as well. I was all stoked to play the new Jackson! I am happy with it. We practice tomorrow though, so just a short delay. I do have another amp at my house, so I did get to hear it.

When I order a JS3, I'm going to get the transparent black as well. It looks really good. Nice pic.

15. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    what was this flu weekend? I could not cancel a gig on Sat night so I also played with a damn headache and stuffyness. I don't drink but the (_____) I took helped out a lot.

16. pablomigraine

pablomigraine Commercial User

Feb 9, 2005
    New York
    VP & Managing Director - Willcox Basses
    I was really impressed with the way these basses sound....

17. Me too. Defiantly a rock bass! I tried some of the tunes from my rnb/motown set and it just wasn't the same vibe as my jazz. Kinda like dave ellifson playing the temptations! Lol!

18. Really! I got over mine last week. Played NYE all congested.

19. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    hey now? I've played Tchaikovsky on my Tbird before in front of people :ninja: