1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD: Jackson warrior wanna-bee :)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by amimbari, May 10, 2010.

1. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    so finding a Warrior is bad enough, Finding a Warrior bass is next to impossible...Finding a LEFTY Warrior bass is ZERO because they only made them at the C/Shop, and 4 grand I just don't have so I wen't the SX route and found this for under 100 bucks....

SX you say? Yes cheap junk that sounds bad UNTIL you add some nice pickups/bridge..etc. The P-pickup measured 4.35k ohms and sounded like dirt, the bridge was so light it made my Kramer Aerostar bridge feel heavy, and the tone knob was so bad it didn't do anything hardly..

so here is my Jackson Warrior wannabe, now with a Jackson bridge, EMG select P-pickup from my Kramer parts, and a tone knob and cap that actually does something from the parts stash...lol

a little setup and tweaking of the TR, and it plays nice now just like an SX with a couple "added" mods.
    P1010218.

P1010212.

2. KramerBassFan

KramerBassFan

Jan 3, 2009
    Cool lefty bass man :)

Never liked a MM pickup... but who cares!

at least yours had a real bridge.. even if you did replace it. alot of them on ebay have rosewood bridges that have two height adjustment saddle... like an electric acoustic guitar. LOL!

3. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    cheapie basses can be great finds provided you put the proper "gear" in them...just like an SX a lot of folks hate them unless they use their brand of pups and hardware :)

4. KramerBassFan

KramerBassFan

Jan 3, 2009
    And what people don't know is alot of basses are made in the same place... and just don't have the name SX on them ;)

5. eupher81

eupher81

Jun 29, 2005
    Hey man...that bass kicks ass! Can I ask where you found it? I did a search for Starfire bass but all it gave me was Guild and DeArmond =\ I think I saw one of these on eBay a couple of months ago, can't remember who the manufacturer was though.

6. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    ya it is just another generic no-name brand. the real starfire is not the same..

BUT the same ebay seller still has more :)
    silverspringmusic
    probably a dealer who always carries them.

I paid 91.00 for this one but they have another for 249.00 or BO. crazy priced compared to the 100.00 SX and others out there.

offer 100.00 and see if they take it