1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NBD: Japanese Tune content!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dan B, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Dan B

Dan B

Oct 19, 2008
    Pittsfield, MA
    Well, NBDs for me don't come regularly and I had the means to get my first five string. Browsing through Ikebe I saw that they posted this for sale, and I figured why the hell not?
    IMG_2615.JPG IMG_2613.JPG
    Phoenix PH-5 five string with koa top and back and matching headstock, mahogany core, maple neck with walnut stringers, and ebony board. It's surprisingly easy to play, especially since this is my first five string and while I am getting used to the added B string, it feels very natural. Sound is great; very bright but can be quite deep if dialed in.

For those that aren't familiar with Phoenix, this is Tune's flagship line of instruments; I really can't compare it to any other bass manufacturer right now, but the closest I can think of is how Lexus is to Toyota (and even then that's not a good comparison).

Ikebe was great to work with as well; very communicative and pleasant to work with. I recommend them if you're looking for something Japanese.
    bholder and osv like this.
  2. Dan Knowlton

Dan Knowlton Sarcasm: Just ONE of the many services I offer! Gold Supporting Member

NICE bass! I love Tune basses and am sorry I ever sold my Bass Maniac. CONGRATS!

Dan B likes this.
  3. Nice one @Dan B

Though it must be nearly 36 years since I became aware of Tune basses it was 32 years before I finally got one :laugh:
    Own 3 of them now :thumbsup:
    bholder and Dan B like this.