1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD (Jazz bass inside!)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by drummer5359, Jun 1, 2014.

1. drummer5359

drummer5359 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Pittsburgh PA USA
    So... I love Precisions. But, I really wanted to have a nice American Jazz bass in the stable. I picked up a nice Charcoal Frost American Standard Jazz a few years ago. I liked it and likely would have hung onto it forever. But, an American 60th Anniversary Precision became available for a great price and I just had to sell the Jazz to fund that P.

In the back of my mind I knew that someday when the time was right I'd add another Jazz bass into the mix. Today the planets aligned and I'm a Jazz bass owner again.

This one is a 2001 natural Ash American Jazz bass with a maple neck.

FenderAmericanJazzbass_zpsa68fec78.

Pet Sounds likes this.
  2. drummer5359

drummer5359 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Pittsburgh PA USA
    Here is a new bass family photo...

Newbassfamilyphoto_zps114e45d4.

From left to right... 2001 Fender American Ash Jazz bass (Natural), 1972 Fender Telecaster bass (Natural), 2011 Fender American 60th Anniversary Precision bass (Blonde), 2011 American 60th Anniversary Precision bass (Sunburst) and 1995 Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray bass (Sunburst.)

3. Tunaman

Tunaman

Dec 26, 2004
    Boston
    Saved the best for last! Haha!

Great score

A-Step-Towards likes this.
  4. Nice looking family.

5. atomicdog

atomicdog

Jun 18, 2011
    Congrats. I've grown weary of the JB vs. PB debate. Each has its charms. And I have several of each (love jazz basses). And that sweet JB looks like it's loaded with charm!