1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD: JB62SS CAR

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassmentPlayer, Feb 6, 2016.

1. BassmentPlayer

BassmentPlayer

Aug 28, 2012
    Canada
    OK, it will officially be next week, but how cool is this?

My bass spent 6 minutes in customs.

History information
    State occurrence date
    (In local time if occurred overseas)
    Shipping track record Details Office Prefecture / Country
    ZIP code(Postal code number)

02/03/2016 18:43 Posting/Collection SHIBATA NIIGATA 957-8799
    02/03/2016 20:11 En route NIIGATACHUO NIIGATA 950-8799
    02/04/2016 16:01 Dispatch from outward office of exchange TOKYO INT TOKYO 138-8799
    02/05/2016 20:44 Arrival at inward office of exchange TORONTO-A CANADA
    02/05/2016 20:44 In Customs TORONTO-A CANADA
    02/05/2016 20:50 Departure from inward office of exchange TORONTO-A CANADA

I can hardly wait!

BP.

2. BassmentPlayer

BassmentPlayer

Aug 28, 2012
    Canada
    Well the bass arrived yesterday. 7 Days from order to delivery. I am very happy with the experience.

I am ecstatic over the bass. Light, beautiful little tone devil.

It is exactly what I was hoping it would be. The setup is like the one I paid for on my Billy Bo - super low.

Super happy, if were not for the import duties ($200) it would have been the same price as a Rascal.

I have noticed the prices in Canadian e-bay (where I bought it) are creeping up in just a week with one going for about $1,800 plus over a hundred for shipping (mine was free).

So here are some picks of it and it's fender short scale buddies.

BP. Fender-short-scale-bliss-we. Fender-short-scales-web.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
    nixdad likes this.
  3. BusyFingers

BusyFingers

Nov 26, 2016
    They're great basses, I just wish the body was a little bigger.

4. felis

felis

Jul 31, 2013
    Midwest, USA
    The Rascal looks huge next to it.

5. BassmentPlayer

BassmentPlayer

Aug 28, 2012
    Canada
    I love everything about the Rascal except the weight. It has the most range of any of my basses.

When I get my "act" together (this summer I think) I am sending a number of my basses in for adjustment. (OK, all of them except the Gretsch)

I am thinking of having some cavities built in to reduce the weight on the Rascal.

I have since swapped the vintage Mustang for a new PJ Mustang and could not be happier.

As much as I love my Gretsch, Rascal and Gibson I am playing the Jazz and PJ only these days because of the weight.

Getting old sucks, but having the coin to buy nice new equipment is compensation.

I'd still rather be young and broke though. :smug: (YMMV)

6. BusyFingers

BusyFingers

Nov 26, 2016
    I'm really ambivalent about selling my JB-62SS bass. It had everything I wanted in a shorty, but the body was just too small. That was the deal breaker for me, though I may end up buying another some day.

7. Congrats! Very pretty bass there. It's so small you could almost put it in your pocket! :D

I hear ya on the age...would much rather be young and broke than old and broken.

BassmentPlayer likes this.
  8. BassmentPlayer

BassmentPlayer

Aug 28, 2012
    Canada
    Yeah, the bridge being so close to the end of the bass combined with the short scale make it tight, but the tone is 100% Fender j so I put up with it.

The Rasacal is the perfect bass for me except for the weight, which I plan to fix. (Some don't like the 'reach' because of the bridge placement being so far from the end, but for me that makes it fell less cramped. Each to their own.)

I am totally loving all the SS options these days!