1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD-Just another MIM Fender

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bui, Oct 7, 2009.

1. bui

bui

Feb 24, 2009
    Texas
    Scored a black MIM P-bass off of Craigslist for........$150! Not a bad price, especially since it only had minor scuffing, no dings or scratches...and it came with a decent hardcase.

Now the search for a maple neck begins!

2. bh2

bh2

Jun 16, 2008
    Oxford, UK
    We need a piccy there... or you don't have it really.

3. LCW

LCW Banned

Mar 2, 2009
    OREGON!
    thats a killer deal you have been getting some decent deals that cowpoke you got was sweet

4. Stampy

Stampy

Jun 30, 2008
    Connecticut
    150!!! Awesome!!!

5. bui

bui

Feb 24, 2009
    Texas
    Heh, I ended up selling off the Cowpoke for a pretty low price yesterday, and using part of that cash to buy this P-bass...

I'm really liking the P-bass neck and simplicity...all this time, I thought I was a J-neck guy.

Here's my current lineup...(top to bottom):

2004 Fender Aerodyne Jazz, P/J
    2003 Fender Precision, P
    2009 SX SJMB, J/J

PA060356.

By the way, anyone know what type of straplock system this button will work with? It came on the P-bass, and I figured why not get the rest of the system, so I can run one strap on two basses.

PA060357.

6. michaelc

michaelc

Apr 17, 2007
    C-ville Michigan
    That looks like a schaller to me, but I could be wrong.

7. Demonturtle

Demonturtle

Mar 24, 2008
    Belgium
    seems to me that's a regular schaller type

8. Calebmundy

Calebmundy

Apr 5, 2007
    Nashville
    Endorsing Artist: DNA Amplifiers
    *** does NBD mean?

9. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    New Bass Day!:hyper:

10. rockinrayduke

rockinrayduke Supporting Member

Dec 30, 2007
    Henderson, NV
    ....or No Big Deal. Good score, though.

11. bh2

bh2

Jun 16, 2008
    Oxford, UK
    Nice... congrats.

12. joshmickelson

joshmickelson

Nov 19, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Id like to find a good deal like this for a project bass. nice score man!

13. Its a schaller strplocks,
    i have the same on my P bass
    which is exactly the same as yours!

Happy new bass day!

14. XXL

XXL calm seas dont make skilled sailors

Jun 14, 2007
    nice score..I sold my MIM Pbass on Craigslist for double that.

15. bui

bui

Feb 24, 2009
    Texas
    This made me laugh...I did feel weird posting a thread about a MIM Fender, but I think it was a pretty good deal. The guy had it listed in his ad on DFW Craigslist as "Fender bass with case", and no pics, which is why I'm guessing he didn't have any inquiries about it. After several emails, I decided it'd be worth the gamble, and was pleasantly surprised when he showed up with it and it was in such great shape...it had sky-high action, but that was quickly remedied.

Only changes I have in mind for it: maple neck, BWB pickguard, maybe drop my Quarter Pounders in to it.

Thanks to all who ID'ed the Schallers; I can't decide if I like that much protrusion, and might just stick to the trusty strap/rubber washer method for a cleaner look.

16. grifff

grifff

Jan 5, 2009
    Towson, Maryland
    Dunlop strap locks...but I'm sure Schaller is similar.

17. Like i said, im using the schaller and i think theyre great! Other than it occasionally works itself loose. Im also going to drop QP's in mine at somepoint, but im going for a purple-y torty 'guard over BWB!

18. nice deal on the bass :)

i used to prefer dunlops, but my staus came with schaller straplocks and now i love them :) my sandberg also has them as standard so i was well pleased :)

give them a try though, the freedom to move 'on' the strap button takes loads of friction away from the button so its more secure in the long run, well more than a grolsch bottle washer anyway :)