1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD - Kiesel B25 content ahead

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassJuju, Jan 24, 2017.

Tags:
  1. BassJuju

BassJuju Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2016
    Kentucky
    I ordered this bass about 10 weeks ago and I am so stoked to actually have it now. I am a bit of an only child that can hardly wait for things. It's a B25, fretless with lines, Radium Humbuckers, black hardware, and I sent in a set of D'addario tapes to replace the stock strings. It plays sweet with the best action I've ever seen on a bass. I am a super fan of the craftsmanship. Photo's only go so far. I have yet to plug it in to an amp, but will tonight. I had it shipped to work so that I didn't have to chase it down or play tag. A few photos of the new baby. Haven't given her a name yet, but she'll get one soon enough.

IMG_1352.JPG IMG_1354.JPG IMG_1355.JPG fullsizeoutput_38d. IMG_1358.JPG IMG_1359.JPG

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
  2. Element Zero

Element Zero Supporting Member

Dec 14, 2016
    California
    Nice.

3. Obese Chess

Obese Chess I'm Your New Dad Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2005
    Portland, OR
    That quilt is amazing!! Congrats!!

4. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Oh my!

5. Holy sexyness, Batman! That is one SHARP bass! Those Brian Bromberg basses are excellent, if anything, because of the ergonomics: radiused pickups, tuner placement, etc. Congratulations! Enjoy!

6. Crusher47

Crusher47 Tattoo'ed Freak Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2014
    Fort Worth, TX
    Very cool, Congrats!

7. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    That color and grain are just unreal.

8. Insane bass!

Can you post a pic of the spec/build sheet?

ShenmueTacos likes this.
  9. So beautiful! I've been following this as well as a few others on the Kiesel forums. I'm happy for you that it's arrived. That is some sexy quilt! The grain shows quite well on the back as well. This is one of the more attractive Brombergs that I've seen... and that's saying something. I haven't seen a bad one yet. That green quilted moss looks like it was painstakingly painted by hand. What a work of art!

Please keep us posted and report back. I'm curious as to how it sounds.

10. BassJuju

Jul 9, 2016
    Kentucky
    B25 BROMBERG 5S BASS
    QDM4 QUILT DEEP MOSS GREEN
    5MM 5 PIECE ALL MAPLE NECK
    NS NECK NOT SHOWN ON TOP OF B
    QPH4 QUILTED HEADSTOCK ANNIVERS
    FI FRETLESS FINGERBOARD W/WHT
    KRH INSTALL RADIUM HUMBUCKERS
    BC BLACK CHROME PLATED HARDWA
    UCS USE CUSTOMER'S STRINGS
    AK METAL KNOBS WITH ABALONE I

I also had my name engraved on the truss rod cover and I got the soft case. I thought I'd replace the soft case with my hard shell Gator Case, but now I am not so sure. The soft case is really nice. I have options.

I played it at practice last night and absolutely love it. The fit and finish is better than anything I have ever played. I have a lot of basses, certainly don't NEED any, but I think I may have to have another-- in addition to the JB5 that should ship this week. :hyper: I also had them install a set of D'addario tapes that I sent in. Maybe it's the radium pups, maybe it's the neck through, maybe it's the strings, or maybe it's all of the above, but this bass has great growl and that really wonderful fretless mwah-- love it. I played it for about an hour this morning while drinking coffee and had a really hard time putting it down. I cant say enough good things about it. :bassist:

11. BassJuju

Jul 9, 2016
    Kentucky
    First, thanks for the compliments. I find it beautiful too. Oddly enough, the question that has been asked every time someone new sees it is something along the lines of this. Is that painted or stained? Kiesel does amazing things with wood. I added a few other comments about playing/tone in the previous posts. It's a wonderful instrument to be sure.

12. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    That's beautiful man!

13. Susqmike

Susqmike

Nov 15, 2011
    Beautiful! Kiesel makes great basses! Congrats!-n-Enjoy!

14. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

very nice, indeed! looks super! congrats on your new instrument! :thumbsup:

15. Bass'd on a true story

Bass'd on a true story

Jun 28, 2015
    I'd love to hear how that sounds. Any chance of getting an audio/video clip? The tapes look great over that board.

BassJuju likes this.
  16. johnson79

johnson79

Jan 8, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    That looks awesome!

BassJuju likes this.
  17. That's just awesome!

I've been very happy with my Carvin/Kiesel and I trust you will be too.

GlassToMouth and BassJuju like this.
  18. BlueMINI

BlueMINI

Sep 10, 2013
    Olympia, WA
    Beautiful bass-- congrats!!

Kiesel/Carvin are wonderful instruments. Play the heck out of that thing & enjoy the ride :D

GlassToMouth and BassJuju like this.
  19. Fair Warning

Fair Warning Deliverin' the Goods! Supporting Member

Despite some na-sayers out there, my Carvins (PB-4 & PB-5) have incredible tone and playability! AND you get to order it custom to your own list of specifications! Win-Win! Congrats!

20. ONYX

ONYX

Apr 14, 2000
    Michigan
    "Mmmmmmm........Moss Green"

index.

BassJuju likes this.